How to autocraft tesseract with AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
ME interface for ender pearls to magma crucible next to Liquid transposer with basic export bus for tessaract frame. Import bus under liquid transposer.

Create a "fake" ME crafting pattern in the MagmaCru ME interface for the required number of ender pearls (10 I think..), and have a crafting pattern for the tessaract frame, and put the tessaract frame in the basic export bus slot.

When you want a unattuned tessaract, request the "fake" ender pearl recipe and a tessaract frame. That will melt the pearls, and get the tessaract frame into the liquid transposer.

Caveat: Never tried this, no idea if it'll work.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Not sure if all of that will work. I know its possible. However I know it only takes 4 ender pearls to make one tesseract. I would think you would need the crafting multiblock setup so you can have it craft the empty tesseract frames as well.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Create a "fake" ME crafting pattern in the MagmaCru ME interface for the required number of ender pearls (10 I think..), and have a crafting pattern for the tessaract frame, and put the tessaract frame in the basic export bus slot.
I'm not sure how you're setting up the fake pattern ... i do this all the time, like for energy conduits. In the pattern maker I specify input of conduit tube (empty) and I specify the result as a filled energy conduit. How do you suggest that pattern be set up for "10 ender pearls"? What goes in the input/craft side and what goes in the output side of the pattern maker?

Here's how I'm doing mine... similar but kind of sloppy compared to your idea:
- Export Bus on a Magma Crucible to feed in Ender Pearls.
- Redstone Emitter applies redstone signal to Magma Crucible (configured for redstone=high) if my ME Network has more than 64 Ender Pearls.
- Magma Crucible outputs to a Liquid Transposer with attached Import Bus.
- Liquid Transposer has an ME Interface with the pattern for Empty Tesseract Frame >> Filled Tesseract Frame.

How it works: Basically, if I have more than 64 ender pearls it will melt the excess which end up in the Liquid Transposer and possibly backed up into the Magma Cruicible. Then when I request a filled tesseract frame it gets dropped into the Liquid Transposer and is filled with the liquid ender eye juice. Of course this requires a dedicated Magma Cruicible and Liquid Transposer as it remains "full" of ender juice at all times.

Like I said, this is sloppy -- hopefully I can melt the correct number of ender pearls on demand as specified by loboca, if he/she would provide more detail on how that part is set up.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, this assumes an ME Automated Assembler Chamber setup thingy.

For the "fake" pattern, just put in (I guess just 4 ender pearls) in the ME Pattern Encoder, and in the output spot, put in something that you would never have in the system (wheat or bread or something silly). Put that ME Encoded pattern in the ME interface on the MagmaCru.

I considered the ender pearl full MagmaCru when thinking this up, but I just couldn't stomach the (what I consider) waste.

I'll try and test tonight, but not likely to get around to it I'm afraid.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I set mine up the same way, but without the Emitter on the Magma Crucible. Unless you're making tons of tesseracts or have barely any pearls, it won't eat through that many pearls if you just let it run. If it does use all of my pearls, I just transmute a few from iron if I need them. I also have an identical setup that I feed redstone for conduits and RECs, and both sets are tucked out of sight since it's all automated. I don't think it's sloppy, I use enough molten pearls and redstone that I don't mind keeping both on hand, and the extra crucible+transposer set is cheap enough

Then it's just a matter of patterns for empty frame/conduit, empty frame/conduit -> filled frame/conduit, and one for each type of tess from the filled frame. One click crafting all around

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
me interface feeding a diamond pipe that splits to the crucible and transposer. ender pearl filtered to crucible, tesseract frame filtered to transposer. both machines next to each other, with import bus or pipe leading back to interface on the transposer.

endcode the pattern for 4 ender pearls and one frame to make one unattuned tesseract, place in interface. now, make another pattern for the frame and pit it inyour MAC. you're done.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
me interface feeding a diamond pipe that splits to the crucible and transposer. ender pearl filtered to crucible, tesseract frame filtered to transposer. both machines next to each other, with import bus or pipe leading back to interface on the transposer.

endcode the pattern for 4 ender pearls and one frame to make one unattuned tesseract, place in interface. now, make another pattern for the frame and pit it inyour MAC. you're done.
Thank you man, all the other post did not help at all.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019

That is awesome, nice solution. I can see using that kind of solution for Induction Smelter recipes like envar.[DOUBLEPOST=1376425797][/DOUBLEPOST]
Uh picture please? because all of your idea DOES NOT MAKE sense at all lol.
Yeah those are overly complicated compared to Runo's setup, but if you had a better handle on AE in general they would make sense to you.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
That is awesome, nice solution. I can see using that kind of solution for Induction Smelter recipes like envar.[DOUBLEPOST=1376425797][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah those are overly complicated compared to Runo's setup, but if you had a better handle on AE in general they would make sense to you.
I do know how AE work frequently but my mindset to making the setup work was with 2 ME Interface on the magma cru and liquid transposer, instead of simply using just 1 to control them both lol. I was basically trying to craft it with only ME interface

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, the only solution I can think of is to have a magma crucible/liquid transposer filled with molten ender pearl at all times. I am unsure if you can do it any other way, simply because you cannot tell the AE system to request "molten ender pearl".

(a) Export bus set to ender pearl on magma crucible. Have its output to the liquid transposer.
(b) Pattern in ME interface put onto item input side of liquid transposer. This will contain a pattern that says "empty tesseract frame -> unattuned tesseract".
(c) Pattern in MAC for empty tesseract frame (I think it's reinforced glass, a diamond and gold? Iron?
(d) Patterns for each tesseract type (item, liquid, energy) into MAC.

e.g. If you request an item tesseract, the system will craft an empty tesseract frame, put it into your liquid transposer. You liquid transposer should have molten ender pearl in it at all times and will automatically fill you tesseract. It will be returned to the system via import bus/whatever strategy you want. It will then be crafted into an item tesseract.[DOUBLEPOST=1376442783][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is better than mine.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019

As cool as this seems, I can't get the Liquid Transposer to accept the tesseract frame, it just bounces back up the diamond pipe. Yes the Liquid Transposer config has that side set to blue.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
As cool as this seems, I can't get the Liquid Transposer to accept the tesseract frame, it just bounces back up the diamond pipe. Yes the Liquid Transposer config has that side set to blue.

It should work. I have the same setup with diamond pipe splitting the resources.[DOUBLEPOST=1376444906][/DOUBLEPOST]I posted an enhancement request asking for the ability to have meta-patterns that basically crafted two patterns that would be located in two different interface boxes, fixing this issue. AlgorithmX2 posted back this:
AlgorithmX2, on 29 July 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:
--snip--
You can use a small sub network to route these components more efficiently.
https://dl.dropboxus...ate_outputs.png the stone and the glass represent a magma crucible and a liquid transposer.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
The pipe routing thing is flawed. It's gonna overflow if you request ender and redstone at the same time, or if you request more than a stack.

Let me get a picture up. EDIT: What Arbitrary just said.

(Credits to Algorithm on this one :p)

Have an interface with the pattern: 1 Tesseract Frame + 4 Ender pearls = Unattuned Tesseract.

Wrench that Interface so it export items into the interface of a subnetwork (Use power relay for convention).

Hook up 2 storage buses to the subnetwork, one for the Transposer and Crucible (might want to make it a different color from main network).

Make the Magma Crucible auto eject the liquid into the Transposer.

Hook up an import bus to the Transposer from the main network.

Pure AE solution, no worry for overflow.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
The pipe routing thing is flawed. It's gonna overflow if you request ender and redstone at the same time, or if you request more than a stack.

Let me get a picture up.

(Credits to Algorithm on this one :p)

Have an interface with the pattern: 1 Tesseract Frame + 4 Ender pearls = Unattuned Tesseract.

Wrench that Interface so it export items into the interface of a subnetwork (Use power relay for convention).

Hook up 2 storage buses to the subnetwork, one for the Transposer and Crucible (might want to make it a different color from main network).

Make the Magma Crucible auto eject the liquid into the Transposer.

Hook up an import bus to the Transposer from the main network.

Pure AE solution, no worry for overflow.

The pic is in the post above yours :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8820482/rv11_seperate_outputs.png

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, well Unleashed 1.1.2 isn't having any of this diamond pipe action. This is the strangest thing I have ever seen... here I will post pics.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the redstone just bounces back up the pipe. Do you see any reason it would do that? The empty conduit routes to the transposer just fine.

Machine Setup
machinesetup.png

Gold Pipe Filters
goldpipe.png

Magma Crucible
magmacrucible.png

Liquid Transposer
liquidtransposer.png

ME Interface & Pattern
MEinterface.png

/EDIT:
So... I routed a gold pipe off the left side of my filtering diamond pipe and ran it down to the left side of the magma crucible. THAT worked. So why won't it dump the redstone down through the black filter? *ponder*

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
have you ever thought about using hopper/chute as a buffer? works like a charm.