Problem How To Auto Save the World Like in HermitCraft/ForgeCraft2 [ULTIMATE]

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been running this server for a while now, using creeperhost and my friend who is running the server also has got Support from CreeperHost to set up auto server restarts every 3 hours.

Now I also would like Auto Save every 15 minutes. The auto save feature I want is the same as the one you see in HermitCraft and ForgeCraft 2 where it appears in the bottom left in the text window saying the server is auto saving. If anyone knows how to do this and to set it up on CreeperHost using the Ultimate 1.0.1 Pack please let me know, it will be so useful.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like Forgecraft 2 is using MCMyAdmin (that's the style that particular software broadcasts it's saves with; it can be configured from within the control panel for it as well as it's config files).

Super easy way is like Jared39 has said which is using MCPC+ (Legacy build for 1.4.7) and BukkitManager. You could also make a cron job that sends the save message out and does /save-all... but that's a bit overkill ;).

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
I just use Minecraft RCon protocol + crontab to do all my backing up goodness.

crontab runs a perl script every 2hrs which uses rcon to connect to the server through the rcon port using the specific password, turns off auto saving, runs a 'save-all', tars up the world directory, then turns auto saving back on.

i then have another perl script that runs every 24hrs to clean up old backups.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, ForgeCraft 1 and 2 run on the same uber powerful hardware and are managed by roughly the same scripts, which are created and hosted on Pahimars github.

They may be slightly outdated, but I just wanted to point out they don't actually use any software like MCMA to my knowledge.