Problem how to add ram on my ftb beta a server

dajonar

Jul 29, 2019
i have a ftb beta a server but when i open the server it says: to launch the server with more ram, launch it as ''java -Xmx1024M -Xmx1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar''[DOUBLEPOST=1364482157][/DOUBLEPOST]ps: it is on mac

Paintballlaws

Jul 29, 2019
you need to open your console window or terminal whatever you prefer to call it and change your directory to that folder where the server is do this by typing in the window /cd but don't hit enter go to the top of the folder where the server is and the little folder icon at the top of the finder window click and drag that into the console window and then hit enter then that should change your directory in the console window and then all you have to do is that that little piece of code copy and paste it in the console window and hit enter although you will have to make changes too it like this " java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar yourjarname.jar nogui " and if you want to run it with more than a gig of ram which it currently would be running at with 1024M times the 1024 by how many gigs you want /can use so if you only have so much than there is no reason to increase it but that should be it let me know if it works

dajonar

Jul 29, 2019
thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1364484117][/DOUBLEPOST]wait, i have to go to terminal, type /cd (foldername)

Paintballlaws

Jul 29, 2019
yeah goto the terminal type /cd than go to the folder where the server is and the folder icon at the top(very top of the finder window) click and drag that to the terminal window and it should copy the location of the folder and then hit enter

Paintballlaws

Jul 29, 2019
try typing /cd then go to the folder but dont go into it and then see if you can drag like the whole folder into the window and it should copy the location of it in there

dajonar

Jul 29, 2019
wait, someting changes when i do it without the '/'[DOUBLEPOST=1364560698][/DOUBLEPOST]does the folder with the server .jar have to be empty