How to add mods to my server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I'm new to modding (Well not new I just use modpacks) and I don't know how to add mods manually. I am wanting to add Galactic craft to my FTB Monster version 1.1.2 I know I need to Galactic craft mod but I don't know how to add it to my server folder or my client. Can someone PLEASE write a step-by-step process of how to do this? I do have Win-RAR and 7-zip. Also I have a question of if I add Galactic Craft and NEI has conflicting recipes, how am I to fix that?
I Thank anyone who replies to this thread very much!
~Punchofdeath
P.S. If I dont make sense just tell me and I will reword anything I need to.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Go to your server folder, and open the mods directory and place GalactiaCraft in there.
  2. Open the FTB Launcher and select Monster, then click "Edit Mod Pack" near the top of the launcher.
  3. Select "Add Mod" and then add GalactiaCraft.

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Do I just put the .RAR and everything else it comes with into the mods folder? Sorry for being a newb.
(Edit) Do I download the mod from this site and put it in my server and client?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Do I just put the .RAR and everything else it comes with into the mods folder? Sorry for being a newb.
Yeah, everything it comes with, so if you have GalactiaCraft Mars for example.
Don't sweat yourself out, even I'm a noob at things I don't know squat about. :p

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Do I take the whole GC folder and put it into my mods folder? I dont even know if I downloaded the right version. Could you upload a mod file of FTB Monster 1.1.2 that has Galacticraft in it? Im probably asking too much but I just dont understand this.

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, i just noticed it says put something in the coremods folder and I dont have a coremods folder... Is there a way I can directly chat with you?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, i just noticed it says put something in the coremods folder and I dont have a coremods folder... Is there a way I can directly chat with you?
Nah, that's for modpacks that are on the Minecraft version 1.5.2, 1.6.4 and up all mods go directly in the mods folder.
If you want to talk in private, you can start a conversation with me, but I think this problem will be solved soon. ;)

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
I put the Galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.14.1084 directly into the mods folder... Do I just put the .jar into it itself?

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
The executable jar file. I unzipped it and put the folder into it. Do I not unzip it and just stick it into the mods folder? If you have Teamviewer it might make this simpler.[DOUBLEPOST=1407709800][/DOUBLEPOST]I think there is conflicting blocks... That may be the cause for the crash.

Attachments

• crash-2014-08-10_18.23.36-server.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 101

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
The executable jar file. I unzipped it and put the folder into it. Do I not unzip it and just stick it into the mods folder? If you have Teamviewer it might make this simpler.[DOUBLEPOST=1407709800][/DOUBLEPOST]I think there is conflicting blocks... That may be the cause for the crash.
You'll either have to disable Natura/GalactiaCraft or change IDs in one of the mods.

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I fixed the Id problems but then this popped up...Do you know anyone that could help me with this?

Attachments

• crash-2014-08-10_18.52.04-server.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 81