How to add GT to FTBUnleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to start using FTBUnleashed since it has a bunch of cool mods until I noticed there's no GT. This is a major bummer for me. Is there an easy way to add it? Since i'm not computer savvy enough to follow written instructions (unless its written in a way simple enough for 3 year olds to understand), a video of this would be preferable.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Umm... I'm not sure if you can. It has Tinkers Construct in it, and the mod authors have made it pretty clear they don't want the two together.

The mod pack you are looking for is Unhinged, which is the GregTech compatible mod pack.

You can add it yourself if you like, but you'll have to handle the ID conflicts and any other issues which might crop up yourself.

First, download the version of Gtech you want.

Then select 'Unleashed' and click 'Edit Mods'. From there, click 'add mod', and browse to that copy of Gtech.

From there, it's a fight against ID conflicts and who knows what else.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... I'm not sure if you can. It has Tinkers Construct in it, and the mod authors have made it pretty clear they don't want the two together.

The mod pack you are looking for is Unhinged, which is the GregTech compatible mod pack.

You can add it yourself if you like, but you'll have to handle the ID conflicts and any other issues which might crop up yourself.

First, download the version of Gtech you want.

Then select 'Unleashed' and click 'Edit Mods'. From there, click 'add mod', and browse to that copy of Gtech.

From there, it's a fight against ID conflicts and who knows what else.
Oh. Maybe this won't be as simple as I anticipated. Oh well. Looks like i'll have to learn to live without plutonium.

At least I won't have to trawl through the bloody configs anymore.

EDIT: Since i'm going without GT, are there any mods that do something similar (preferably without the nerfs)?

I am aware of FTBUnhinged, but it has hardly any mods in it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oh. Maybe this won't be as simple as I anticipated. Oh well. Looks like i'll have to learn to live without plutonium.

At least I won't have to trawl through the bloody configs anymore.

EDIT: Since i'm going without GT, are there any mods that do something similar (preferably without the nerfs)?
Well, you could play the Unhinged mod pack, which is the 1.5.2 pack with GregTech included and no Tinkers Construct. Then you would have your plutonium reactors back. I was developing an interesting plutonium DDoS Reactor with stupid efficiency and reasonable heat distribution capability, but that project got abandoned.

As far as 'something similar', what exactly are you looking for?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
The current version of GregTech (3.11) is compatible with Tinker's Construct.

At least with the default setting for other mods in the Unleashed pack, there are no ID conflicts, so it's just a matter of adding it from the Edit Mod Pack menu. I haven't checked EnchantingPlus, NetherOres, Reliquary, or Vending for ID conflicts, though.

EDIT: Looks like Biome O Plenty causes some ID conflicts, but the others do not.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could play the Unhinged mod pack, which is the 1.5.2 pack with GregTech included and no Tinkers Construct. Then you would have your plutonium reactors back. I was developing an interesting plutonium DDoS Reactor with stupid efficiency and reasonable heat distribution capability, but that project got abandoned.

As far as 'something similar', what exactly are you looking for?
Well now that I think about it, GT only adds a bunch of machines to do stuff more efficiently. I'll miss the plutonium/thorium, grinder and distillation tower, but I suppose I can make do.

I guess by 'something similar', I mean a mod that adds a bunch of machines in a similar vein to GT. Though I'm not sure I can be arsed downloading a mod not already in the pack if it means messing around with the item IDs to make sure there are no conflicts, amongst other things.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well now that I think about it, GT only adds a bunch of machines to do stuff more efficiently. I'll miss the plutonium/thorium, grinder and distillation tower, but I suppose I can make do.
For the distillation tower, you have the MFR Bio Reactor. Creates biofuel directly. There's not much to replace the Grinder, but you also won't need that output quantity because you don't have GT recipes making everything more expensive.

I guess by 'something similar', I mean a mod that adds a bunch of machines in a similar vein to GT. Though I'm not sure I can be arsed downloading a mod not already in the pack if it means messing around with the item IDs to make sure there are no conflicts, amongst other things.
Not that I am aware of, at least not to the extent that GregTech takes it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

So um. We're big fans of Mekanism and Atomic Science. I know Shneekey has played with that too.

You might also wanna look at Engineer's Toolbox which I think does a better job doing gregtech-is-3.09+ custom assembled machines.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019

Besides the ones Dave mentioned, check out Big Reactors as well, that should help satisfy your need for ridiculously large generators.

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox looks pretty cool, I hadn't come across that before.

I think the thing I miss about Gregtech (and I am a fan of the mod, not the bickering) is that it made it such that there was a thing for every purpose, and a purpose for every thing. Almost, anyway. You could look at anything, even dirt, as a potential resource, with a use. Not always the *best* resource, or most efficient, or whatever, but almost *everything* has a use. Also I liked the complexity of some of the machines. Anyway... not looking to start another GT discussion, just waxing nostalgic a bit. :) I don't really intend to use it any more, given the um... surrounding issues.

Reactions: MrZwij

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah BR is fun. You need to amp up the power to make it worthwhile tho. We use a powerProductionMultiplier of 8.0.. It's not bad, but I don't think many people use it. I should.

Agreed, ErogenousBeef needs to step up the power gen significantly. Unfortunately, he seems to have taken a hiatus from SA so we haven't been able to talk about that. And yes, more people need to be using it, there's something incredibly satisfying about 9x9 reactor multiblocks that just tickles me.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, ErogenousBeef needs to step up the power gen significantly. Unfortunately, he seems to have taken a hiatus from SA so we haven't been able to talk about that. And yes, more people need to be using it, there's something incredibly satisfying about 9x9 reactor multiblocks that just tickles me.
9x9?? damn, i really need to look into that mod

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I wasn't particularly interested in BigReactors before, but since everyone seems to be raving about it, I might just add it to my list of 130 mods in 1.6 ;)
(Of my custom sloppily done modpack, of course)