How long will you wait before just jumping to 1.5?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't care about 1.5.1 at all. I'm just waiting for next FTB so we get MFR, Mystcraft, and a ton of other updates. I don't think we should keep waiting on RP2 anyway. Yeah it'd suck to lose it, but that shouldn't hold everything else back.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I probably won't update for quite some time as I despise the new forestry farms and the old ones are going away for good with 1.5 last I heard.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Who needs expensive vanilla hoppers
...but vanilla hoppers are cheaper than BC ones (you don't need a stone gear! Save four sticks and four cobblestone!).
I just remembered the mouse changes as well, but even those are sort of emulated by Mouse Tweaks.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
We'll wait. We've only been playing our world for a couple of months and both still have lots of stuff to do (if we ever get rid of the 'flu and actually turn the server back on again...). I don't have a problem waiting. It's a lot of mods to get updated and configured to work correctly, and the reason we use a modpack is because we don't want to do all the configuring ourselves.

Matt Holcomb

Jul 29, 2019
The new vanilla features don't really excite me much. Some of the new mod features do though. I will still wait for RP, just because I suck at redstone and don't know what I would do without timers and the super RP repeaters. Although my newest world is run nearly entirely by AE and the only redstone in use are a few torches and some redstone dust lines to turn on engines. Their fueling system is fully automated, self-contained, (thanks AE) and renewable (thanks forestry) so there's really no need to ever shut them off.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Consider: What do you GAIN for upgrading to 1.5.1 over what you LOSE for ditching a given mod. Upgrade doesnt always mean bigger version numbers, kids.

Reactions: RedBoss

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I like 1.5's new features. But, there are not that many of them, and many and already done by mods in FTB. I am in no rush to update, and probably will not update until Ultimate updates, especially since I am hosting a small server for some people who.... have difficulty installing mods.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Unless someone else is going to get me the power to stick redstone on walls and ceilings there is little in 1.5 that makes me want to drop RP2 for. Hoppers? got that all ready. Pretty new blocks? Got those in spades. New redstone logic? Got it.

About the only thing that makes me want it is the upgraded mob AI.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason I've ever upgraded to a newer version of vanilla is because I wanted to play updated mods. To me, vanilla is the plate (to me, vanilla was fun for about a week, then....now what?), and the mods are the meal.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
The new steves carts stuff looks really exciting. And I really want to add RichardGs Soaryn chest mod, but not worth losing block breakers, frames, and deployers