How long do you stay in the "Vanilla" stage?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing 1.6 for a few weeks and am still wearing iron armour. I do have a couple of machines, some TiCo tools and an automatic chicken farm, so not completely vanilla, but I haven't gone all out on the mods yet.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in 1.6.4, and as in past I always stay 'vanilla' till I have the basic farms established and a decent looking base built. This usually takes a week or so. Since using TiC I then proceed to go mental tearing up my mine and stocking up on resources, before TiC I'd jump to a quarry and a basic automated processing setup, macerator/pulverisor to furnace to chest. After about a week or so of stocking I clean it all out and jump as far up the tech tree as I can. So about 2 weeks.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Here is what I do:
1. Get Trees
2. Make vanilla tools
3. Go mining
4. Make machines or get a tier 7 upgrade tome
5. Make AE system
6. Make smeltery
7. Make mass fab and quarry
8. Get enough power for a gravity suite.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
For normal modpacks:
Machines usually take me a while
Tinkers Construct is instant
Thaumcraft is TYPICALLY last, but often earlier

For UHS2:
Vanilla doesn't even exist; Tinkers Construct instantly, and Thaumcraft ASAP.

HearNoMore

Jul 29, 2019
I have to agree. I don't stay in vanilla very long at all. I tend to go the smeltery first and then power generation. Then I hit AE.

Sent from my SC-90MID using Tapatalk

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
well seeing as i use the TiC worktable until I get a crafting table :p
How to skip vanilla: Use worktable with natura wood, make wooden tinkers tool. Kill slimes and make slime tools. Then mine some copper and tin and smelt it to bronze.