How have YOU wasted an afternoon on modded recently?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes we spend a whole afternoon/night working on something or collecting something then *poof* it's all gone to a single death.

How have you recently been doing something for a long time and then had it all just go away in an instant? I like these kinds of stories

That just happened to me, I spend most of today wondering around a mystcraft age looking for pages for a perfect void world to make a base in, while scanning thumcraft modes of course, i traveled about 20K blocks. I was walking towards a library when I was thrown into the air and having no idea what to do panicked. I died. Out of curiosity I put on LAN and enabled cheats to teleport to the waypoint of my death. Hungry node.. Everything except my sword, pickaxe and shovel... gone. I wasn't getting the pages back anyways but teleporting and not even being able to say good bye just made me want to go kill something.
--on a side note I am now starting a new world, not sure what pack yet, I am the worst at choosing a pack, I can never decide if a pack ahs the right mods for me. Wish me luck, I can't bare to play my TPPI world knowing how many mystcraft pages I used to have on it

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally corrupted a world I was playing in, but was really liking that world
So I decided to reproduce where I was up to by cheating in key things including thaumcraft research

However, for the life of me I couldn't get the infusion altar to form after "spawning" in my research, so I thought there must be a bug with the spawning in of research, reset it all, and began the research again

Once I got up to the infusion altar, I still couldn't get it to form, I took it apart, put it back together again, triple checked I had it formed right. I was there scratching my head.. until I saw a single piece of long grass was in the construct area too... Broke that and then the infusion altar worked >.>

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I quit my Agrarian Skies map because I couldn't get enough cobblestone. (This time I'm cheating in a Igneous Extruder)

SirChrisB

Jul 29, 2019
Steped into the Nether on Agrarian Skies, thankfully 2 or 3 of the Angry Pigmen took a step through my portal to wait for me respawning in the overworld so they can exterminate all my lifes in quick succession without painfully dragging it out.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't had anything happen recently...though there was that one time I forgot to make sure my nuclear reactor was in a single chunk, then went for a long walk with my chunkloader being one chunk too far away.

For some reason I never could find my base again.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Early game, I spent a couple of hours upgrading my chests and sorting my inventory into related categories (I generally do this before I have the resources to build a decent ME network). Then, just as I finish I turn around and come face to face with a creeper, which blows up EVERYTHING and leaves all my items strewn all over the floor.

I'm usually pretty careful about lighting, but I guess I must have left a single spot of lowlight somewhere :S

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I had a MFR auto-spawner with Pech and they drop wands. I didnt want to collect all these wands so I exported them to a void-chest. Then I was cleaning my inventory to an enderpouch that imports to my storage. By mistake I was clicking on my Staff of the Primal - poof gone :(

By luck we later had a problem on the server and admin had to rollback the server for 24 hours.... I got my staff back.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Spent a couple hours setting up a complex system to make sure my industrial coils didn't get overcharged by my hydrokinetic engines (Rotary craft)....I used the steel coils by accident. Oops.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I had a MFR auto-spawner with Pech and they drop wands. I didnt want to collect all these wands so I exported them to a void-chest. Then I was cleaning my inventory to an enderpouch that imports to my storage. By mistake I was clicking on my Staff of the Primal - poof gone :(

By luck we later had a problem on the server and admin had to rollback the server for 24 hours.... I got my staff back.
Haha! Aren't you a lucky bastard!