How does the vile sword compare to others?

BonkHD

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i am currently playing on a whitelisted FTB server. I crafted myself a vile sword, and i had a few questions about it.

1) Comparing to a diamond sword, is it more or less durable than it? If less, is it stronger than iron?

2) Is the vile sword the only sword that can have the soulstealer enchant?

I am asking this because i have a book with Soul Stealer IV on it and i know its a very valuable and high enchant. Please let me know ASAP! Thanks!

-Bonk

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Its roughly same damage as iron, with less durability.

Sounds almost useless huh?

Except it has a much higher enchantability, and its the only weapon that can get a soul stealer enchantment- which fills your soul shards faster.
(you can use the uncrafting table to transfer the enchants onto a better blade)
-Generally don't bother unless you're building up some soul shards (and even then uncrafting would be the way to go).

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I only use mine to gather souls and even with SS 4 it is still mostly useless.

Throwing unbreaking 3 and sharpness 4 and soulstealer 4 on it barely made it useable just to fill shards.
I definitely wouldn't use it for anything but gathering souls.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Just transfer the soul stealer to a more durable blade.

how do you do that? because then I can enchan gold tools/armor or thaumcraft armor that have high enchantability and just transfer it to my nano suit/jetpack/drill

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Umm it wont work the same for them, but if you place a vile sword with soul stealer in a twilight forest uncrafting table, and place 2 diamonds where the ingots are, you'll pull out a diamond sword with soul stealer 4.