How does one install Flans Mod or ICBM into Mindcrack?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I have attempted to install both mentioned mods out of interest. However I do not seem to be getting very far. The closest I have gotten is that forge says there are mismatches, but no luck on actually seeing anything load in game...

If these don't work, how can I give some weapons to my server? Ferullo's mod? Balkans? Etc..

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Without logs we can't help you, as long as you don't solve the mismatches by changing the configfiles the server won't boot

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
To Install ICBM you first need to have both the Mindcrack and Universal Electricity packs downloaded. For this I am using MultiMC as it's probably the easiest that you could use for this sort of thing.

1. After downloading and importing the Mindcrack pack into MultiMC, open up the folder for the Universal Electricty pack and go into Configs and copy the folder labeled Universal Electricity.
2. Click on view folder for the mindcrack pack and place that folder into the config folder there.
3. Now right click and edit mods in your mindcraft pack and move to the mods folder tab.
4. Click add mods.
5. Navigate to Universal Electricity pack download, and go to the mods folder. The two mods you will want to copy over are BasicComponents and ICBM.
6. Close.
7. Launch.
8. ???
9. Profit.

It works right out of the bat like that. :) Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: Czarified

Czarified

Jul 29, 2019
To Install ICBM you first need to have both the Mindcrack and Universal Electricity packs downloaded. For this I am using MultiMC as it's probably the easiest that you could use for this sort of thing.

1. After downloading and importing the Mindcrack pack into MultiMC, open up the folder for the Universal Electricty pack and go into Configs and copy the folder labeled Universal Electricity.
2. Click on view folder for the mindcrack pack and place that folder into the config folder there.
3. Now right click and edit mods in your mindcraft pack and move to the mods folder tab.
4. Click add mods.
5. Navigate to Universal Electricity pack download, and go to the mods folder. The two mods you will want to copy over are BasicComponents and ICBM.
6. Close.
7. Launch.
8. ???
9. Profit.

It works right out of the bat like that. :) Any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

DrHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Can you explain what you did, please? I'd like to install ICBM on the Mindcrack pack, but don't know how.

Did not get ICBM working yet, but I did Flans. Just had to make a separate folder for Flans content packs.

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
Did not get ICBM working yet, but I did Flans. Just had to make a separate folder for Flans content packs.

What have you tried to get it working? My directions or something else? What error messages is it kicking out? Can you post your logs of what is happening so we can help you get this installed.

LaserMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Could Someone send me their mindcrack folder, when I installed flans I could only place the crafting tables and the materials were not there...

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
Could Someone send me their mindcrack folder, when I installed flans I could only place the crafting tables and the materials were not there...

Sadly no. I do not have permission from the mod authors to do so. Best I could do was get an instance going, and give you my config files. But I haven't used Flans in like ages.

LaserMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you could just tell me exactly what you did that would be nice...I put the flans in the mods folder and then run and then closed it and then put the content packs in the flans mod pre-created folder....

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
What you should do is check your logs and see if any of the item IDs are conflicting, as they would need to be resolved. Do an NEI dump of your IDs, if you need to change them, so you know which ones are free, etc. Its honestly, really simple.

Brum_car

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by a seperate folder for Flan's content packs? Do you mean you put it into a folder called Flan's inside the mods folder or a folder for Flan's content packs outside the mods folder?
I hope that made sense .-.

Rift's_

Jul 29, 2019
could you do a more detailed step by step tutorial, if you dont mind, its cool if u don't

Status
Not open for further replies.