How do you worth this Gravel Gun from RotaryCraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You have to charge wind springs in a coil winder and then combine them with the gravel gun. You also need gravel in your inventory since it is the ammo. It is worth the trouble. It has one shot everything I have run into so far. It will be my weapon of choice for the Ender dragon when I get there, but you still need arrows to break the things on the obsidian towers. It will only target mobs.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
You have to charge wind springs in a coil winder and then combine them with the gravel gun. You also need gravel in your inventory since it is the ammo. It is worth the trouble. It has one shot everything I have run into so far. It will be my weapon of choice for the Ender dragon when I get there, but you still need arrows to break the things on the obsidian towers. It will only target mobs.
Thanks!

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019

I am not 100% sure, but I think the gravel gun does break the obsidian tower things that heal the ender dragon. At least that is my recollection from my last Horizons play through.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, you'll basically need to use a bedrock coil for this, steel can't charge nearly as much(and thus is less likely to 1 shot the dragon).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Err, how would I obtain Bedrock coils?
Well, you need bedrock dust for one, and then you craft the coils using said bedrock dust and the other ingredients.

If your next question is "how do I get Bedrock Dust", you use a Bedrock Breaker. It doesn't work on Bedrock that is at the lower limit of the world(so it can't break into the void, which sucks since now with Void Monster this would make sense to allow, @Reika ), but other then that, it's all pretty basic stuff.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you need bedrock dust for one, and then you craft the coils using said bedrock dust and the other ingredients.

If your next question is "how do I get Bedrock Dust", you use a Bedrock Breaker. It doesn't work on Bedrock that is at the lower limit of the world(so it can't break into the void, which sucks since now with Void Monster this would make sense to allow, @Reika ), but other then that, it's all pretty basic stuff.
Thank you, good sir. Wait, what mod is bedrock coil from? I can't seem to find it with NEI?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thank you, good sir. Wait, what mod is bedrock coil from? I can't seem to find it with NEI?
He means the bedrock windspring. There is an industrial coil bedrock variant, often referred to by the name "bedrock coil", and this leads to a lot of confusion.

90% of servers would disable it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
He means the bedrock windspring. There is an industrial coil bedrock variant, often referred to by the name "bedrock coil", and this leads to a lot of confusion.

90% of servers would disable it.
Ah, well, my bad on the name mixup.

Also you COULD just make it a config option that is disabled by default. The Rule of Config Defaults would mean that pretty much no one would know or care that it's there if it's disabled by default.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I am probably willing to do this.
Right on, right on. Glad to hear that.

And yeah, the Rule of Config Defaults allows for some sneaky but cool additions to things, but the catch is that they have to be disabled by default. OpenBlocks has some cool features that are utterly insane, but they have to be enabled using some "poorly named" config options.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Right on, right on. Glad to hear that.

And yeah, the Rule of Config Defaults allows for some sneaky but cool additions to things, but the catch is that they have to be disabled by default. OpenBlocks has some cool features that are utterly insane, but they have to be enabled using some "poorly named" config options.
Done.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, you'll basically need to use a bedrock coil for this, steel can't charge nearly as much(and thus is less likely to 1 shot the dragon).
I didn't mean one shot the Dragon. I hope no weapon can do that. I meant normal mobs.[DOUBLEPOST=1395493720][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am not 100% sure, but I think the gravel gun does break the obsidian tower things that heal the ender dragon. At least that is my recollection from my last Horizons play through.
I haven't tried it yet, but it won't fire at anything but mobs in the overworld. Guess I will find out shortly.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mean one shot the Dragon. I hope no weapon can do that. I meant normal mobs.[DOUBLEPOST=1395493720][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't tried it yet, but it won't fire at anything but mobs in the overworld. Guess I will find out shortly.
The crystals on top are mobs, though. As a reminder.

And trust me, wind it up using an industrial coil and chances are the dragon will die in one hit(if you wind it up enough).

vizerei

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Gravel Gun, is there any chance we can get a config option to disable it and other weponry in a piecemeal individual fashion?

Or at the very least, a config option to scale down the damage?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Speaking of Gravel Gun, is there any chance we can get a config option to disable it and other weponry in a piecemeal individual fashion?

Or at the very least, a config option to scale down the damage?
v2 has the latter, but if you are looking for damage comparable to a sword, you will be disappointed.
XPnFXJx.png

5B36uon.png