How do you UU

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
500 MFSUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????? HOW DO I GET THAT???????????????????? :)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, it's just an exaggeration.

You could definitely make UU-matter faster this way though. It might utilize your energy better, though I'm not sure if you are playing on a server or not. Might be important to have some energy saved up during the day for night time.

Just a tip though, one MFSU can only output the power of one ultimate solar panel simultaneously. Over time, yes it is infinite, but each of your panels are generating energy at the rate that a single MFSU outputs at. If you are storing solar energy in MFSUs, and wish to output the energy at the rate you are generating it at, you need equal number of MFSUs to ultimate solar panels =).

DustyBlue

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, then you could technically do 500 MFSUs into 125 HV transformers for.... 125 x 2048 = 204800 + 40960 + 1240 = Whatever that is EU/t

Tiny problem with your math. according the the industrial-craft wiki:
inadvertently using the Extreme Voltage side of the HV Transformer "will cause an explosion of considerable force, similar to a nuke" according to Manito
so pumping power into HV transformers for extreme voltage won't work

Back on topic, using UU to create solar panels (of any variety) to create more UU with scrap from igneous extruders, is extremely entertaining. To lay this all out on by a machine traveling across the world has been an IC2 challenge for some time

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I do that right now though.

I push 16 MFSU's 512 EU/t into 4 HV transformers to get a total of 8k EU/t reading on my matter fab =(.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, it's just an exaggeration.

You could definitely make UU-matter faster this way though. It might utilize your energy better, though I'm not sure if you are playing on a server or not. Might be important to have some energy saved up during the day for night time.

Just a tip though, one MFSU can only output the power of one ultimate solar panel simultaneously. Over time, yes it is infinite, but each of your panels are generating energy at the rate that a single MFSU outputs at. If you are storing solar energy in MFSUs, and wish to output the energy at the rate you are generating it at, you need equal number of MFSUs to ultimate solar panels =).

Actually, if you want a sustainable EU/t setup, you would need 2 ultimate panels to a single MFSU. This will ensure that you get a sustainable 512 eu/t through the day/night. If my math is right, 512 eu/t is about 10240 EU per second. Since the MFSU holds 10 million EU, that's about 976 seconds of operating time churning out at 512 eu/t (even without accounting for the fact that panels produce 64eu/t at night), plenty of time before daytime returns to recharge the MFSU.

So to get 8k eu/t (max of mass fab), you would just need 32 solar panels, and 16 MFSUs. You then have your magical 8keu/t for a single mass fab. I do not thikn that you need an equal number of MFSUs to solar panels.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Without factoring the daytime/night time you are definitely correct.

I was speaking from a purely technical standpoint. To output the input from any EU storage device, you need exactly or in excess of the EU/t input as output.

i.e. In order to full utilize the 28 thermal generators I use (~700 EU/t) I have to either use an unobstructed line to whatever consume the EU or if I'm storing the EU in MFSU's first, I would need at least two MFSU's.[DOUBLEPOST=1372906829][/DOUBLEPOST]My posts are more so to help others understand how EU works. In regards to EU/t, packets and the how EU works in wires, storage devices and how to use transformers properly.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
7 ultimate hybrid solar panels along with 5 boilers hooked up via 3 liquid tesseracts to Power Converters to make 1750 EU/t. Once I get to 12 ultimate hybrids (giving me nearly the full 8192 EU/t to the matter fab), I'll make another matter fab.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
7 ultimate hybrid solar panels along with 5 boilers hooked up via 3 liquid tesseracts to Power Converters to make 1750 EU/t. Once I get to 12 ultimate hybrids (giving me nearly the full 8192 EU/t to the matter fab), I'll make another matter fab.
It's exactly 3/4 of 8192 =)

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
It's exactly 3/4 of 8192 =)
Not when you add in the 1750 EU/t I get from Power Converters:

12 * 512 + 1750 = 7894 EU/t (during the day, at least).

And I underestimated the number of panels I have--it's actually 9 right now. So I'm getting 6382 EU/t during the day and 2329 EU/t at night and when it rains. So I'm making about 64.5 iridium per day. I'm only 100 blocks or so from a desert, so I should probably move the panels there to avoid rain.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I am limiting myself to 20 solar panels total of any type.

I might increase that when I feel that I've done all that I can, but I've also built my base into a mountain, so my only choice is skylights. Making the entire top of the mountain a skylight would defeat the whole purpose of a mountain base.

Needless to say, that restriction caused me to do this:

T4IzPMH.jpg

That took me a good portion of today to build. No fertilizers on this MFR farm. I want constant rates that I can control. Plus it looks cool :3.

Though I am replacing that middle old forestry farm with something. Either solar panels because I have nothing else to put there, or hmm. Yeah, nothing really comes to mind.