How do you start your server?

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty lazy and messing with my test servers (waiting for final release before I promise the users that I won't kill the world) daily, so right now I just have a shell script which I run, no backups or anything fancy. My vanilla server uses the SimpleServer wrapper to do backups on to dropbox and a crude init script...
Not really feeling super happy with either of these setups.
So tell me, how do you start your server?

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I use Remote Toolkit. Restarts the server in the event of a crash, has the option for regular scheduled restarts with warning messages, and the supplied Bukkit plugin is optional (adds in-game restart commands). Also its lightweight, uses about 30MB of memory.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Because I use a dedicated host in France, I have FTP access for updating and I use PuTTY to run commands, rather than use there default. (mcmyadmin).

Every day when I get home I reboot the server and do a full backup using mcmyadmin.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
START "FTBMC 1.4 Server" /HIGH /MIN "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -Xms1G -Xmx8G -jar mindcrack.jar nogui

That starts the server with a console window titled "FTBMC 1.4.Server" at high priority, minimized, using 64 bit Java (as opposed the 32 bit Java which, on updates, sometimes takes over the simple java run syntax) using between 1Gb to 8Gb of memory and no GUI.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, y u no set java 7 to has environment variable?!?!

Every time Java 32 bit updates? Maybe I should just add this line to the top:

Code:
setx JAVA "[FONT=Consolas]C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java[/FONT]"

Yeah, I should do that. But I'm not going to do that. Because I'm busy adding more sugarcane farm layers!

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
-.- So you type it out on the forum, but you can't be bothered to press Win -> cmd -> enter then type what you just put on the forum? Makes logic sense no?

Slightly off-topic again: Sugarcane farms are where its at!!!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
-.- So you type it out on the forum, but you can't be bothered to press Win -> cmd -> enter then type what you just put on the forum? Makes logic sense no?

You are correct. I cannot be bothered to go to my desktop, right click on my shortcut file, click the "Edit" option, enter that line into the batch file, and then hold down the CTRL key and press the S key as I am FAR too busy making sugarcane farms. Heh heh.

Slightly off-topic again: Sugarcane farms are where its at!!!

Yeah, especially when you just get turtles to do all of the work of making the layers. Lovely turtles.