How do you prohibit certain items on a server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
There's a few things that are just broken. And not all of the mods they belong to have config options to disable them, sadly. Is there a method a server op can use to prohibit the crafting of said items?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thirded.

You can pretty much change how a mod works with it just by tweaking recipes. Something too "early game" for you? Change the recipe to require a mid or late game component.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to use minetweaker, I've been told setting the ID to 0 will do it although I haven't tried it yet.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Not all mods support this, though. Just a reminder.

I didnt know how it worked, I had this suggested to me a few times, but read somehwere that it wont always work. I was ecstatic though to find out some mods, like Extra Utilities, just lets you disable or enable certain mods right in its config file. So maybe minetweaker is the safest alternative then?