How do you enable default diabled mods on a server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
So yah I dl'ed the server jar for Unleashed (1.1.2), and sent it to my servers FTP and it's working fine. But some of the mods like xenos reliquary are disabled on the server, when they arn't on singleplayer. And that mod seems to work fine for us on singleplayer so my friends and I would like to use the items that mod adds on the server. Unless does it cause some sort of server bug or crash, is that why it's disabled for servers? If it doesn't cause some sort of conflict/bug for servers, how do I make that particular mod work on the server?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
all you have to do to enable disabled mods on the server is remove the ".disabled" from the end of their jar/zip files (and restart the server)

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you mean just rename the file?! And the xenos reliquary doesn't have any smp conflicts or errors for servers right? I know some of the disabled mods in the unleashed pack are buggy and is why they are disabled by default, like biomes-o-plenty ect. I just wanna make sure that's not why reliquary is disabled.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you mean just rename the file?! And the xenos reliquary doesn't have any smp conflicts or errors for servers right? I know some of the disabled mods in the unleashed pack are buggy and is why they are disabled by default, like biomes-o-plenty ect. I just wanna make sure that's not why reliquary is disabled.

I am not 100% sure, someone else might come along that knows for sure...but I believe Xenos is disabled by default simply because the team felt it was overpowered for servers, not because of conflicts or bugs. Either way...make sure you backup your server before you activate it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1377195871][/DOUBLEPOST]though, with a little more searching, I found this recent thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/reliquary-enabled-by-default.27902/

which could imply that is does cause issues...

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, they wouldn't disable a mod because it's OP. They'd rely on Server owners to disable it if they wanted it.
Some things have changed since that version of the doc. Since Xeno's is mostly deleterious on servers, it remains disabled by default in the server pack (all this does is mean clients with it enabled will see the recipes but not be able to actually make the items when they're connected to a server that has it still disabled).
Exaggerating on 'Deleterious'.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, they wouldn't disable a mod because it's OP. They'd rely on Server owners to disable it if they wanted it.

Or, since they are the people who designed the pack, they could have easily considered it OP for servers...and made it default disabled to allow owners to enable it if they wanted...works both ways on allows owners to choose ;)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Of course the team disables mods because they're "OP" but includes them for enabling anyway, rather than vice versa. See: PowerConverters (infinite power loop potential), EnchantingPlus (EPlus + DartCraft/TiCo Items = GG), Nether Ores (A more subjective one IMO but that's the nominal reason it is distributed disabled).

Try out the Holy Hand Grenade on a server with PVP enabled. Instant player kill that bypasses all armor (Ask Cyanideepic how well that visit from Jadedcat on his hardcore world went; that's deleterious). Also see Ender Rounds. It's a really fun mod and I enable it on servers myself because I love the utility items and enjoy having ranged weapons that are less annoying to aim, but I also turned PVP off on my worlds a long time ago.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Of course the team disables mods because they're "OP" but includes them for enabling anyway, rather than vice versa. See: PowerConverters (infinite power loop potential), EnchantingPlus (EPlus + DartCraft/TiCo Items = GG), Nether Ores (A more subjective one IMO but that's the nominal reason it is distributed disabled).

Try out the Holy Hand Grenade on a server with PVP enabled. Instant player kill that bypasses all armor (Ask Cyanideepic how well that visit from Jadedcat on his hardcore world went; that's deleterious). Also see Ender Rounds. It's a really fun mod and I enable it on servers myself because I love the utility items and enjoy having ranged weapons that are less annoying to aim, but I also turned PVP off on my worlds a long time ago.

Ok cool so what you're saying is it is only disabled due to the power of the items not conflicting errors crashes bugs ect? I don't mind that as my server is just me and a few close friends I just didn't want to have to deal with it currently being buged in multiplayer. And I just change the name of it from .jar.disabled to .jar to enable it?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok cool so what you're saying is it is only disabled due to the power of the items not conflicting errors crashes bugs ect? I don't mind that as my server is just me and a few close friends I just didn't want to have to deal with it currently being buged in multiplayer. And I just change the name of it from .jar.disabled to .jar to enable it?

Yep, a mod will never be included as disabled that isn't set to "just work" when enabled.

That said, just be aware of the effects on gameplay if you have it turned on. Effects on running the server itself shouldn't be an issue (I use Xeno's stuff all day long in server play, it's one of the most solid mods from a "doesn't crash things" standpoint IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.