How do I write a void age?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TheDataMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying for the last long while to write a void age that looks exactly like the overworld, except with no blocks. something is always off every time I try, either colors, or things like spheres or tendrils generating in mid air.

Could you tell me what to write?
thank you!

Reactions: RealSketch

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
For colors, each thing has a "Natural _______ Color" page. Colors will still vary to mach the biomes selected. To get rid of the random objects, you need to spam pages of things that don't generate in a void, like caves & villages (you can use these more than once) (ravines may cut the platform out from under you). I've had randoms continue to generate with 6 feature pages, but not with 9.

TheDataMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I added 3 cave pages, 4 village pages, and 2 clear modifiers pages at the end and I still got lightning and a random floating nether fortress.

picture attached[DOUBLEPOST=1400978252][/DOUBLEPOST]and now I've used up all my sugar cane on this

Attachments

• 2014-05-24_17.24.08.png
    2014-05-24_17.24.08.png
    953.4 KB · Views: 76

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft was the mod that got me out of vanilla and into modded minecraft.

That said, from a promising start, it went downhill - it started out as en excellent way to create alternative dimensions / import savegames and turned into a morass of complexity that means you can not get anything useful out of it.

Which is sad.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
I added 3 cave pages, 4 village pages, and 2 clear modifiers pages at the end and I still got lightning and a random floating nether fortress.

In my experience too many villages can cause some instability (lightning).
If you have a reasonable number of pages post them and their order and together we may be able to figure out the problem.
Remember there are some Must Haves in the grammar system. This is the cheat sheet from XCompWiz's wiki http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols_summary that I use.

Reactions: Arakasiii