How do i use logistics pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HyperCookieHD

Jul 29, 2019
How can i use logistics pipes to sort my stuff into chests and make it retrieve stuff for me?

Thanks,
HyperCookieHD

Riizu

Jul 29, 2019
My best advice is to take a look at this video by Direwolf20 here.

In fact, Dire can definitely point you in the right direction for just about any mod via those spotlight vids.

Riizu

Jul 29, 2019
Quick google search took me over to the Buildcraft forums. Looks like the only up to date version of the original logistics pipes (referred to as Krapht's Logistics Pipes) is only for 1.2.5. There is an unofficial update that is 1.4.2, but I would recommend doing it.

HyperCookieHD

Jul 29, 2019
Quick google search took me over to the Buildcraft forums. Looks like the only up to date version of the original logistics pipes (referred to as Krapht's Logistics Pipes) is only for 1.2.5. There is an unofficial update that is 1.4.2, but I would recommend doing it.
Could i have the link to it because i cant seem to find it :l

FlukeSDS

Jul 29, 2019
Very interesting way to order your questions lmao.

How do I use this mod?

Now how do I get this mod?

Riizu

Jul 29, 2019
Should pop up the full page. Then click the link below "Last successful artifacts." Try reloading the page? That, or your browser is strange.

EDIT:
Very interesting way to order your questions lmao.

How do I use this mod?

Now how do I get this mod?
+1

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a Krapht version? If not, anyone heard of progress from Krapht or have a github link?

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019

Can there really be an official release when something has been made open source?

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a Krapht version? If not, anyone heard of progress from Krapht or have a github link?

No, it's not produced by Krapht. This is the version that was picked up by some other developers. If you don't believe me then go to #RS485 on IRC and ask there. Krapht has not updated it, and no one absolutely knows whether or not he'll be making an "official" update. I really don't see how tacking a word in front of it changes anything. The developers that picked it up are doing a fine job and have introduced some very nice mechanics (including amazing CC integration).

INCSlayer, that's the new version. Krapht hasn't updated his version in quite a long time.

blek

Jul 29, 2019
Can there really be an official release when something has been made open source?
Uh, yes. It being open source doesn't change the fact there's an original author to a piece of code. In this specific case, the unofficial update is a simple port of the mod to 1.4.5 with no changes issued, while it's quite likely the official updated version will have new features added to it. There can also be problems with compatibility in case Krapht releases his version and you decide to swap the unofficial release with his.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, yes. It being open source doesn't change the fact there's an original author to a piece of code. In this specific case, the unofficial update is a simple port of the mod to 1.4.5 with no changes issued, while it's quite likely the official updated version will have new features added to it.

Wrong. https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/wiki/Added-Features. Should probably do your research first.

Reactions: Tabu

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using this version (linked above) make sure your ealize you need to provide power to the network in order to use it. Search "Power" in nei and you should find the block you need, it has to receive BC or IC power and be adjacent to a logistics pipe to power the whole network. Pretty simple to use and set up but it is new and probably not in most logistics pipes videos.