Problem How do I update an FTB server.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

MollieH13

Oct 10, 2021
Hi I have been running OceanBlock on a home server for me and my partner to play. I followed all the instructions provided on the FTB website, using Overwolf FTB App I downloaded the server files, ran the install and then went on using the server for a couple weeks now with no issues, I just use the start.bat file and away we go.

The issue I'm having is updating the server to the latest version of OceanBlock, I can find no easy explanation on how to update the server that doesn't involve deleting and overwriting files which I have tried to no success, and the information given on the Help page that I followed to initially install the server says to run a file with a --help command or a --latest command to update but I have no idea which file or how to update, If someone could give me a simple way to update the server files then that would be great, Thanks.

image_2021-10-10_112858.png

gdharron

Jul 29, 2019
BC, Canada
www.gd-ss.ca
The easiest way I update a server is just to start off my first backing up your world, then download the oceanblock installer for 1.3 (as if you were starting new) then install it into a new empty folder. run the installer and then simply move the critical folders mods. libraries, kubejs and config (if you made custom config changes then save these too) and place them into your server file. You are now running version 1.3 of oceanblock. If you have any issues feel free to dm me here or on discord.