How do I take care of a Wisp problem?

Zannt

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a Minecrack server and I found a above ground monster spawner or temple not sure what its called it has 2 spawners in it zombie/skeleton. well Wisps keep spawning inside as well but when I go in to try to kill them I get owned because there are like 8 wisps all shooting at me at the same time.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
There is most likely an evil node inside the structure that is spawning the wisps the only way at the minute to deal with that is to plant silverwood trees nearby to create new nodes and get a pure one then merge that with the node in the structure to purify that one that should stop the wisps spawning.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Invest in a GOOD bow, a power V, Fire Bow will kill most wisps in one shot ;)

Keep the temple around their drops are good TC fodder.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
get to tier 2 in thaumcraft then make a wand of fire/lightning, lightning is accurate, fire can damage more than 1 at a time

Zannt

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I just started the Map, I ended up just putting my bed next to it and running in and punching them all to death took me awhile. more havn't spawned yet don't know if they can spawn in lighted up rooms or not

Reactions: ApSciLiara

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
make Goggles of revealing, incase the node in glass leaving 2 free blocks around it to form a cube or at least 7x7x7 inside, add a tesla coil 1 to 2 blocks over the node powered in anyway you wish, have is on a button push, & now you have a wisp grinder, you can add a TC wooden golum & a chest if you like to pick up the essences for you, the 2 vanilla spawners can be turned into xp/item grinders with ease, if you make a grav gun you can move them to a room made with lamps over the replaced spawners to have an OFF switch, I'll not go into that build we all know it.

btw light lvls have no effect on wisp spawning, the flux lvls in the area make them spawn more often, so doing lot of TC will create lots of wisps.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
make Goggles of revealing, incase the node in glass leaving 2 free blocks around it to form a cube or at least 7x7x7 inside, add a tesla coil 1 to 2 blocks over the node powered in anyway you wish, have is on a button push, & now you have a wisp grinder, you can add a TC wooden golum & a chest if you like to pick up the essences for you, the 2 vanilla spawners can be turned into xp/item grinders with ease, if you make a grav gun you can move them to a room made with lamps over the replaced spawners to have an OFF switch, I'll not go into that build we all know it.

btw light lvls have no effect on wisp spawning, the flux lvls in the area make them spawn more often, so doing lot of TC will create lots of wisps.

What mod is the Tesla coil from?

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
tyvm Not using it.

I have my base in my current game right underneath a big (900 or so) aura node and trying to make a wisp grinder is my next project.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
I built my base next to one of these barrows and since the update I've used crystal cores to move the node inside my base. I then encased it in a sphere of warded glass (10 block diameter) With tesla coils under it.
When wisps spawn, I flip the switch and they go pop. Only problem so far is that the tesla coils can't reach the top of the sphere, I'm going to have to re-position them around it.

On a side note, warded glass hides nodes from view. You only see the purple lightning bolts.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I just started the Map, I ended up just putting my bed next to it and running in and punching them all to death took me awhile. more havn't spawned yet don't know if they can spawn in lighted up rooms or not

And a brave Link runs in with his wooden training sword... Err fists blazing ;)