How do I spread my resources throughout my machines using auto crafting? [AE2]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Say I wanted to craft 100 copper ingots from 100 copper ores. I want 50 in one furnace, and the rest in another. How do I go about doing this?

I'm trying loads of stuff, but it's always going to one furnace. I've got two of the same pattern in two ME Interfaces pointing to two furnaces.

Thanks in advance.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Export all Ores into one chest and then distribute it between the furnaces with some kind of round robin pipe.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Export all Ores into one chest and then distribute it between the furnaces with some kind of round robin pipe.

I'm sure that would work, but I have no space for transfer pipes and conduits together. I may need to work up a new design. Thanks anyway!

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 on its own isn't really good with parallel operations, such as when you want multiple machines to produce the same item. The best you can do is if you want to process the items as soon as they come in, you can use multiple export buses, but that will use a lot of channels.

You'll want to use some intermediate chest or other container to push items in, then use some other mod's piping system to ship the items between your machines. The products can then be piped directly to the interface where they'll be put into the ME system. Ender IO conduits work very well since you can have multiple colour channels, round robin distribution, and you can put the energy pipes in the same block space as the item pipes.