How do I share a save file?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I want to put a save up for download (with the custom pack) and I just wanna make sure personal information isn't in there. Where does Minecraft save the Login tokens? I wanna erase anything that might have any information about my account.

T

Techly88

I want to put a save up for download (with the custom pack) and I just wanna make sure personal information isn't in there. Where does Minecraft save the Login tokens? I wanna erase anything that might have any information about my account.

The save/configs/mods files contains nothing regarding logging in data. Since none of those files have to do with the launching of the Minecraft client (they just run the client).

Reactions: AndyMASH

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
The save/configs/mods files contains nothing regarding logging in data. Since none of those files have to do with the launching of the Minecraft client (they just run the client).
Well, I was hoping that were the case, but where is that information actually saved?

T

Techly88

Well, I was hoping that were the case, but where is that information actually saved?

While knowing for sure that the case here the breakdown of the files.. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/.minecraft

Meaning the .minecraft will holds your profile information and the Libraries folder is holding the client details.

Thus meaning your 100% secured just by sharing those three files that are legitimately needed at the most.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
While knowing for sure that the case here the breakdown of the files.. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/.minecraft

Meaning the .minecraft will holds your profile information and the Libraries folder is holding the client details.

Thus meaning your 100% secured just by sharing those three files that are legitimately needed at the most.
Ok, so what I think to be the case is that my Launcher (which is ATLauncher) saves these information in the install folder (of the launcher) and not in the Instances folder, where all the modpacks (and obviously the saves) are. I believe FTB Launcher is similar (i.e. having a sort of Instances folder where all the modpacks are downloaded). Could this be true? I have found a file called "userdata". I will delete it and see if my login details disappear.

T

Techly88

Ok, so what I think to be the case is that my Launcher (which is ATLauncher) saves these information in the install folder (of the launcher) and not in the Instances folder, where all the modpacks (and obviously the saves) are. I believe FTB Launcher is similar (i.e. having a sort of Instances folder where all the modpacks are downloaded). Could this be true?

Yes just that it would not be called .minecraft as in vanilla and instead be called whatever you told FTB to be installed. Within that file it will shows the contents of what .minecraft would have and then the "instances" or Mod Packs if you will.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Yes just that it would not be called .minecraft as in vanilla and instead be called whatever you told FTB to be installed. Within that file it will shows the contents of what .minecraft would have and then the "instances" or Mod Packs if you will.
It turns out that that "userdata" file I discovered is indeed where the login information is saved :)

Reactions: Techly88