how do I set up a hosted server?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Termanater13

Jul 29, 2019
I have a host that gives me permissions to install any mod I like, but how do I take the mods in the server download and make that run on my hosted server? I know all the server mods are there, just woundering if anyone has a step by step on it, also a Mod should pin instructions for this.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
do you have some more info ? like what host, how do they do things ? do you have FTP acces ?

SilentRhyno

Jul 29, 2019
I have a similar problem/question. I've got a server with Cubedhost that I am trying to make an FTB server. They use multicraft to set up all the server options and I do have FTP access. I load in all the mods, config and FTB beta jar in fresh, but when starting the server it's getting hung up and never fully starting. Not really sure if this is a problem with the config files or maybe the jar. I have loaded in mods using the craftbukkit jar with no problems before. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
What is the name of the Jar you upload ?

If it did work with craftbukkit.jar, then rename your FTBASERVEr.jar ( or however its called ) to craftbukkit.jar ( only rename the FTB jar!)

Reactions: clpete14

SilentRhyno

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, this worked! After renaming the jar file I was able to get the server loaded up completely and join it from the FTB launcher client. So far everything appears to be working properly.

Xanafrim

Jul 29, 2019
I rent a server from Mossy Cobble and they use multicraft as well. It turns out that I had to go in and change the permissions after uploading them, The mods as well. Although I have full FTP access I can't get access needed without using WinSCP instead of an ordinary FTP client. I am not posting this as an issue but rather a suggestion. Talk to tech support for the server company and ask themif it is a perms thhing or what. Iactually had to pay MossyCobble a whopping $5 to fix it after I broke it. Turns out that was the issue.

I hope this helps.

SilentRhyno

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out everything wasn't working properly after all lol. One error seemed to be the Paulscode in the jar file, found answer to this in another thread, removing that seemed to alleviate most of the errors. I'm getting closer to getting this running however the Forestry mod plugin comes up as missing, from ForgeModLoader log:

2012-11-14 14:23:17 [FINER] [ForgeModLoader] Sending event FMLPreInitializationEvent to mod Forestry
2012-11-14 14:23:17 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.plugins.PluginInfo
2012-11-14 14:23:17 [INFO] [STDERR]at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:141)

etc, then it continues loading the other plugins and mods just fine. This also pops up later in the log:

2012-11-14 14:23:20 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Could not load forestry config, due to java reflection failing!
beeBreedingMode

I feel as if this is just a missing or misplaced file somewhere, but I don't know. Again, thanks for any help, I really want to get this FTB server up and running because FTB is amazing.

clpete14

Jul 29, 2019
how do i find the ip im kinda a noob at makeing ftb servers i know most stuff but i cant fing the ip

Zerosk83

Jul 29, 2019
how do i find the ip im kinda a noob at makeing ftb servers i know most stuff but i cant fing the ip
We need details.... Are you hosting your server on your own personal computer?? If so, then just google 'Whats my IP" and it will tell you. Then if that still isn't working you need to port forward using your router, or just run it as a Lan with your friends from your router.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out everything wasn't working properly after all lol. One error seemed to be the Paulscode in the jar file, found answer to this in another thread, removing that seemed to alleviate most of the errors. I'm getting closer to getting this running however the Forestry mod plugin comes up as missing, from ForgeModLoader log:

2012-11-14 14:23:17 [FINER] [ForgeModLoader] Sending event FMLPreInitializationEvent to mod Forestry
2012-11-14 14:23:17 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.plugins.PluginInfo
2012-11-14 14:23:17 [INFO] [STDERR]at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:141)

etc, then it continues loading the other plugins and mods just fine. This also pops up later in the log:

2012-11-14 14:23:20 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Could not load forestry config, due to java reflection failing!
beeBreedingMode

I feel as if this is just a missing or misplaced file somewhere, but I don't know. Again, thanks for any help, I really want to get this FTB server up and running because FTB is amazing.

Just guessing here but check if bith the forestry and extra bees configs and jars are in there forlder and you do not have them double.

SilentRhyno

Jul 29, 2019
After digging around some more, I've found others with this problem and it seems to be with the forestry mod itself, a known bug in the pre5 and pre6 versions. No current resolutions but I expect it will be resolved eventually. Clients are still able to connect to the server, may just disable it for now, so it's as good as it's going to get.