How do I request items in my ME network?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
I have logistics pipes hooked up to my ME interface but I cant request the items in storage from my crafting terminal I can only request them by clicking on the pipe itself with a wrench. How do I make it so I can request the items from the terminal?? Thanks.

Attachments

• set up.png
    set up.png
    907.5 KB · Views: 51

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use my ME network cross dimensions if anyone is wondering. Hope someone can help.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
What pipes are hooked into the interface? I can't remember the ones it needs. they are extremely specific though. The different pipes in that mod always had me confused.

it needs the pipe that would be attached to a chest to supply the network with items. If I remember right.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember the order off hand, but the system I used relied on a Provider Pipe, and Orderer Pipe (with a Remote Orderer linked to it), and a Supplier Pipe. This trio of pipes connected a ME Interface to an EnderChest. I carried a matching EnderPouch, which allowed me to access requested materials wherever I went. I used a second EnderChest/Pouch combo to input directly to the ME Network while on the go as well, which made carrying capacity a nonfactor.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
What pipes are hooked into the interface? I can't remember the ones it needs. they are extremely specific though. The different pipes in that mod always had me confused.

it needs the pipe that would be attached to a chest to supply the network with items. If I remember right.
Theyre logistics pipes.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Attach an ME Interface to your ME Network, making sure it has proper channels. Place your LP Provider Pipe against the Interface. Place your LP Orderer Pipe, then your LP Supplier Pipe. Attach a chest to the end of the Supplier Pipe. Try to order something from your system using the Orderer Pipe. If it doesn't work, swap the Provider Pipe and the Supplier Pipe (I never remember which is which until I have them in my hands).

Once you can order something to the chest, right-click (maybe shift r-click) the Remote Orderer on the Orderer Pipe to link them. Replace the chest with an EnderChest. Test your system.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Attach an ME Interface to your ME Network, making sure it has proper channels. Place your LP Provider Pipe against the Interface. Place your LP Orderer Pipe, then your LP Supplier Pipe. Attach a chest to the end of the Supplier Pipe. Try to order something from your system using the Orderer Pipe. If it doesn't work, swap the Provider Pipe and the Supplier Pipe (I never remember which is which until I have them in my hands).

Once you can order something to the chest, right-click (maybe shift r-click) the Remote Orderer on the Orderer Pipe to link them. Replace the chest with an EnderChest. Test your system.
And you can make it even more compact using the chasis pipe and the modules

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019

I can only request items through the request pipe. The set up youre talking about isn't working. I saw this video where this dude was able to request items from the terminal but for some reason I can't. Here's the video

When I click on the requst pipe I can request items from my chest into the network but for some reason I cant request them from the terminal like shown in the video. Has something changed? I know this video was from like 2013

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The items requestable are shown in the Orderer Pipe (or attached Remote Orderer). If you can request from the chest into the ME system, your pipes are on backwards. Try swapping the Provider and Supplier pipes.

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
The items requestable are shown in the Orderer Pipe (or attached Remote Orderer). If you can request from the chest into the ME system, your pipes are on backwards. Try swapping the Provider and Supplier pipes.
I can't even click on the orderer pipe when I attach it to the system... I don't think you understand the issue I'm having. I can request things from my chest into my network but ONLY through the request pipe. But in the video above it show the guy doing it from the terminal. I have the same set up as him so why can't I request the items directly from he terminal????

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You said the vid was from 2013, so you're likely watching a version from 1.6 (or earlier). There is a good chance things have changed in three years.

It's been a while since I've played with LP. Do they require power now? Is it plugged in?

You're right that I don't fully understand your issue (or which "terminal" you are trying to request items with). Pictures help (note the Imgur is not functional here currently).

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019

That's my set up. I have them all powered. I just wanna be able to request the items from the terminal. I can't see the items that are int he crystal chest from my terminal but I'm supposed to be able to.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I have logistics pipes hooked up to my ME interface but I cant request the items in storage from my crafting terminal I can only request them by clicking on the pipe itself with a wrench. How do I make it so I can request the items from the terminal?? Thanks.
I'm trying to use my ME network cross dimensions if anyone is wondering. Hope someone can help.
I can get the logistic system to see both ME systems. Not the other way around though. I have been working on it for the past two hours and haven't come up with anything.

I am pretty much going to give up on this one for now. Might come back to it later. May be worth using your ME system purely for storage. Using the Logistics system for everything else.

Edit:
Did find a interesting preset for world creation though. I am liking it better then redstone ready.
Code:
2;7,55x35;2;

Last edited: