how do I pump lava into a tank?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm running DW20 pack 1.10.2, there is no buildcraft, I've always done it before with the pump from BC, how do I do it with the mods available in the current DW20 pack? the plan is to pump from the nether to the overworld with ender tanks.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
You can used Ranged pumps pump. Takes a block of diamond but paired with 2 pieces of Fluid conduit from Ender IO and a Magmatic Dynamo you can pump lava into the Dynamo first then into an ender tank. Just remember to chunk load the space so it keeps going when you are back in the overworld.

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
I think that pack has immersive engineering. The pump from that is considerably cheaper, though it needs to be over the lava.

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
how do you mean, like right above the surface of the lava, or like the BC pump, at any height over the lava?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not sure, I've always placed that pump on the block just above the lava. Beware with that one that you will need to put the RF in from the top, it will require a lever or redstone block to turn on and you will need the IE hammer to set one side as an output. But it does work great and I've used it multiple times.

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
I've also only placed it directly above the lava. I figured I'd mention it because it works more like the BC pump you're used to.