How do I power a forestry multifarm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
I just built a manual orshard farm. I hooked a tesseract and diamond kinesis pipes to the gearbox, but no power is flowing. the sending side of the tesseract is hooked up to a number of magmatic dynamos. they have basic gates on the emerald pipes going from them that are set to redstone signal on energy requested. does the farm not request energy?

9a8b8500a6.png

31ac4477f8.png

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Forestry multiblock farms have a specific block which requests power, something like the gear block, I believe. This is where power is put into the farm.

The fact that you have power running through a tesseract is probably what is causing problems with your gates, as it does not pass redstone signals.

eletrolitico

Jul 29, 2019
why are u using buildcraft pipes, thermal dynamics is way better, the top tier duct can transfer infinite rf/tick and doesn't have internal storage

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
why are u using buildcraft pipes, thermal dynamics is way better, the top tier duct can transfer infinite rf/tick and doesn't have internal storage

You don't know what modpack/list he is using. Maybe TE-Dyn is't available.

Besides, Buildcraft pipes are good enough for powering a forestry farm, and cheaper to boot. "Better" is subjective here.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
you need a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe to pull out of a tesseract. Also you don't really need much power, I think a stone would be plenty.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Anything that produces power into a buildcraft pipe requires a wooden or emerald kinesis pipe. Request energy isn't an issue because the Tesseract will act as the request necessary to get the engines going once the farm wants power. He is running into a gearbox though.

Looks like this might be Regrowth, which requires some BC infrastructure, until you get Mechanism Pipes. Or he's just decided to use BC because it looks awesome.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like this might be Regrowth, which requires some BC infrastructure, until you get Mechanism Pipes.
Doesn't look like it, he has a Crescent Hammer in his inventory.

Speaking of which, why don't you use TD fluxducts?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
He's also using a texture pack. I know that John Smith uses the same texture for the Yeta Wrench as it does for the Crescent Hammer.

Can we ask what mod pack you're using?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If it's not the lack of wooden kinisis pipe check the settings of the tesseract. You can also try plonking the tesseract right next to the gearbox block.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, I had to go with TE ducts. I tried wooden kinesis, emerald kinesis, stone, gold kinesis pipes. nothing.
I'm using direwolf20 modpack for minecraft 1.7.10.