How do I make an xp farm in project ozone 2? And John Cena Creeper problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I need to make an xp farm in project ozone 2 and I don't know the mods in this mod pack very well. Could someone please tell me how to set one up?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I need to make an xp farm in project ozone 2 and I don't know the mods in this mod pack very well. Could someone please tell me how to set one up?
depending on how you go about with it, you can use wooden spikes to get mobs to 1 hit kills. then from there you just punch them.. or use an autonomous activator to kill them.

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Well I need an automated way of doing it. Does anyone have any ideas? I need 300 xp for a ender io spawner.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The usual trick is just a dark room with some platforms for mobs to spawn on, separated by trenches of flowing water. The flowing water funnels the mobs to a drop, where they are either manually killed, or a set of Golden (or diamond if you have it) spikes ends them. XP (and loot if you opted Diamond) is usually collected by some sort of vaccum hopper, then distributed to whatever storage method floats your boat.

If you're interested in specific designs, Etho has a standard dark room trap that is copied in more Let's Plays than I care to count. It's decently efficient, especially if there are no other valid spawning points for mobs to choose from, and it scales easily enough by adding layers. If you have XU, you can make the platforms out of Cursed Earth for faster and more reliable spawns, but it's not needed. Note that the Etho farm is preferable in many cases (particularly for XP farms) because the design doesn't allow spiders to soawn, as they have a tendency to gum up the works by climbing the walls of the drop chute.

I don't have a link handy, but you can find a basic tutorial of Vanilla mob grinders on YouTube in less than 30 seconds. From there, mods only make life easier.

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've set something up. However John Cena Creepers from the Epic Siege Mod keep blowing up my wires/transfer nodes and ender io experience obelisk. What should I do? Here is a screenshot of my set up.....

https://snag.gy/lH1kSq.jpg

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I did. I don't know how else I'm meant to collect xp. Dumb as that sounds. How should I be doing it?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have EnderIO, you could simply build a Killer Joe and aim it at the Cursed Earth farm. It will require Nutrient Distillation and RF, but it should collect the XP and drops for you, then you can pipe them to storage outside the dangerous areas.

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have EnderIO, you could simply build a Killer Joe and aim it at the Cursed Earth farm. It will require Nutrient Distillation and RF, but it should collect the XP and drops for you, then you can pipe them to storage outside the dangerous areas.
Ok, I'll try that tomorrow and come back to you. Right now I feel like rage quitting. Also where should I place the experience obelisks? Just so they don't get blown up.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Usually I make a darkroom with some conveyor belts to funnel the mobs into a drop with diamond spikes at the bottom and a vacuum hopper attached to suck the drops and xp out, then pipe the xp out of the hopper into the obelisk so it all is outside of the killing area. If you have fans you can easily direct drops into hoppers as well as direct mobs where you want em, not sure what is in that particular pack.

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Very nearly got it working. I just something to collet mob drops. Preferably blast proof. The vacuum hoppers and vacuum chest are not cutting it. They keep getting blown up. What are my options?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Don't remember the mod list of Project Ozone offhand, but if you have Botania, you could place Hopperhocks under the floor (they teleport items, rather than drag them). Otherwise, try placing the Vaccum Hoppers in the ceiling or similar to try to get them out of the blast zone.

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Don't remember the mod list of Project Ozone offhand, but if you have Botania, you could place Hopper hocks under the floor (they teleport items, rather than drag them). Otherwise, try placing the Vacuum Hoppers in the ceiling or similar to try to get them out of the blast zone.
I've tried the first way. It failed dramatically. It didn't pass the John Cena Creeper test. I might just make a separate mob farms for mob drops. My end goal is to have an infinite supplies of zombie heads. Other than that I can't seem to find out how to get items out of hopper hooks? If fact I think I will just make a separate mob farm for zombie heads. Thanks for all your help though and everyone else. Your the best!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried the first way. It failed dramatically. It didn't pass the John Cena Creeper test. I might just make a separate mob farms for mob drops. My end goal is to have an infinite supplies of zombie heads. Other than that I can't seem to find out how to get items out of hopper hooks? If fact I think I will just make a separate mob farm for zombie heads. Thanks for all your help though and everyone else. Your the best!

Having two farms is an option, but due to the strain mobs cause on processing, I try to minimize and multitask. Hopperhocks should automatically export to an adjacent chest from what I remember, but it's been a while since I delved in Botania honestly.

Always happy to help. I don't get much free time to play, but I love engineering systems. Helping people troubleshoot is as close as I get to actual play time some weeks.