how do i login when i linked my Minecraft account with Microsoft

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Just as normal - if you're using the FTB app that uses the default mojang launcher, and you should sign-in to that with your account.

If you have issues with your account, you need to contact Mojang / Microsoft to get support with that.

fledervieh

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry to resurrect this thread, but I cannot get it to work.

When I start Minecraft with the normal Minecraft launcher, I choose Microsoft login and see my XBox gamer tag and am greeted with my XBox name. A click on the Java Edition starts the game.

When I try this with the FTB launcher instead, it goes like this:

— click on FTB, the apps opens, and I choose for example on Regrowth
— the normal MC launcher opens, and it shows up on the left side 'Player Mojang-Konto'

But here is only the Demo Mode visible. There is no way to log in now.

I CAN still login with a browser to Mojang, but there is no longer any mention that I ever possessed Minecraft at all. And I am not sure, where to see that at all.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The FTB launcher ( = the old legacy / classic one), does not support - and never will - Microsoft accounts.

You need to use the new FTB app, it sounds like you are based on the description, but I just want to make sure so there's no misunderstandings.

If that is what you're using - please re-install the FTB app to clear out old cached settings (if that might be the case of the issue), make sure you take backups of worlds and such.