How do I know when I've researched everything in Thaumcraft?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a lot of research in Thaumcraft. I think I have everything but I'm not sure. How can I tell for sure?

Once in awhile I put some random stuff in the research table to see if anything new comes up but I haven't gotten anything for a few days now.

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
check thaumcraft wiki, and seek what u dont have, if there is nothing there u have all probably xD

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
That's one of the few things I dislike about Thaumcraft, with all the "hidden" research, and nothing to actually know what's left, one cannot really know (In-game) when they're done.

BikerEleven

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly when using knowledge fragments you will eventual only get false research papers which is a sign you have unlocked all of the hidden research. You will get some of the fragments back so its not an entire loss.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
For research by aspect, the only way to tell without giving away the ones you haven't researched is to go into creative and spawn in a thaumanomicon, because the wiki gives you the aspects required to research it, and it may not be the version that you have.

So to check your current version, creatively spawned thaumanomicon on a seperate world does the trick.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
For research by aspect, the only way to tell without giving away the ones you haven't researched is to go into creative and spawn in a thaumanomicon, because the wiki gives you the aspects required to research it, and it may not be the version that you have.

So to check your current version, creatively spawned thaumanomicon on a seperate world does the trick.

but remember to activate first in the config.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Eh? it worked when I created a creative world and spawned one in without changing any config options

what is it that you're meaning?

in the config there is an option "enable a cheat thaumonomicon in creative that gives all the research when used" and when you use creative, and search for thaumonomicon, you will see 2 different ones.