How do I keep animals from spawning?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
On BeeHappy skyblock, animals keep spawning on grass blocks in my base. It's driving me nuts...

How do I stop it? I've bonemealed everything around my base, so they can't spawn there. That leaves the grass blocks that I want to keep clean, and they won't stop spawning. It's a constant flood of animals running around my house.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Probably ex nihilo, seeing as you are on a skyblock.
You can disable it in the config options, I believe.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could capture/breed some animals and 'store' them when you hit the passive mob cap. That would stop others from spawning.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Ex Nihilo is not in this modpack. I guess I'll try capturing some of them.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You can always slip in Mob Inhibitors--it has a passive mob inhibitor that's not too tough to make.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could also change the Grass blocks into Grass Microblocks or apply Grass blocks to Carpenter's Blocks (if you got them) to make them look exactly like grass, but not actually be grass :p

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You could also change the Grass blocks into Grass Microblocks or apply Grass blocks to Carpenter's Blocks (if you got them) to make them look exactly like grass, but not actually be grass :p

I would retexture one of the chisel blocks to look like grass, but I know this is extremely advanced stuff for the average FTBer so I dont even know why I bothered suggesting it.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
If just the top is showing, you can apply seeds to the block give it the grass texture as well. ;)
I actually did this to some dirt-textured carpenters blocks once because I didn't have silk touch yet :p

Reactions: rhn