Problem How do I install a map?

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
How do I install a map on a server? I asked in the map section and got only one reply which was extremely unhelpful. I just want to put the multiplayer Agrarian Skies map on an Agrarian Skies server and I can't figure it out. I'm extremely frustrated, I just want to have something that looks nice instead of the island from the island spawner that I don't really like (it's the house I don't like the house), and to not have my friends fall through the world when they join because there isn't one specific spawn point that's guaranteed to be on a piece of land instead of the middle of nowhere. Please, someone, anyone, tell me what I have to do to get the server to use the map.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
You get the map you want to use, upload the world folder to the server root replacing then one there if there is one already made.

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
You get the map you want to use, upload the world folder to the server root replacing then one there if there is one already made.
Um....what? There isn't a world folder. The folder for the map has a couple banners and a version file that's it. What am I supposed to do with that?

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
If your map has no region files or world folder it isn't a map.
It is, I installed it from the launcher and it works in singleplayer, but I can't get to that folder because I can't find the save files anymore, I used to know where they were a few updates ago but now it's like I'm not allowed to look at them...

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is your problem.

Go to options in the launcher I think you can see where it saves there.
Nope it shows the install folder but nothing about saves. I've searched every folder in the FTB folder there and nothing. This is so frustrating T_T

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
It's /installfolder/modpack/world
This is what I'm saying it's not there, that doesn't exist. That's where it was when I could find it. Now it's like it just goes into the void and somehow I can use it to play from there but I can't look at it. Oh, I don't know if it changes anything that I'm on a mac...

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Go to finder, press cmd+option+space and a search box should open! type the name of your modpack! it should show you it.[DOUBLEPOST=1405781219][/DOUBLEPOST]Or just use spotlight.

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
Go to finder, press cmd+option+space and a search box should open! type the name of your modpack! it should show you it.[DOUBLEPOST=1405781219][/DOUBLEPOST]Or just use spotlight.
You're not listening to me, I know how to do that, I know where the modpack is, I'm looking at it right now and the save folder isn't in there. If I search for agrarian skies with that it comes up with something from april, ya know, back when the save file was right there where it should be and agrarian skies came with two maps. It's not there anymore, there is no such folder. I don't know how I can make this any clearer, return to sender address unknown no such number no such zone! Do you understand now? It's not there! Can you see why I'm frustrated now? There is no save folder! I should be able to open the agrarian skies folder, open the minecraft folder within that, and be greeted with a myriad of folders one of which should be the save folder in which I should be able to find the maps. But instead the only things there are the mods folder the config folder and a versions file.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Like said above, if there is no world folder then there is no save/world. If you can play on the map still then you have changed the location at one point or another, folders just don't move on their own. You could use spotlight to search for world folders to find it.

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
Like said above, if there is no world folder then there is no save/world. If you can play on the map still then you have changed the location at one point or another, folders just don't move on their own. You could use spotlight to search for world folders to find it.
I didn't change anything. FTB launcher said there was an available update but it wasn't working properly, so I deleted the whole thing and redownloaded it. The new version that I redownloaded does not create a worlds folder or a saves folder for me to look at. I've searched for both and whatever comes up is not from the new one and thus does not have the save I'm looking for so I can put the map on the server. Stop treating me like an idiot, I know how to find shit and I know where shit is supposed to be but it's not there, I'm telling you it is not there. I don't know where it's saving it but wherever it is it's not in a folder called world or saves....

Plurp13

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, it is not at all obvious how to find it and doesn't say it anywhere. I had to go to edit modpack, then open folder, then tell it to go to the folder that folder was in. I only found it because I was editing a different modpack's configs. That should really be a little more obvious. I'm still mad but at least I found it, thanks to no one by the way.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Yes blame the people trying to help for a bug in a app they have nothing to do with, also you will notice the folder with the region files was name world, so searching your computer for all folders named world would have worked.