How do I get VIS other than VIS amulet?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
It's really annoying and boring to wait for one of the mobs to drop the amulet, it there ANY other way I can do it?

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
Thaumcraft, right?

I'm guessing your playing sky factory 2.5?

If it wasn't a sykblock you'd have nodes to recharge from, so I'm pretty sure skyblock.
Most modpacks mobs don't drop amulets, though they are possible drops from treasure bags in skyfactory 2.5 and rare bags from thaumcraft named mobs.

Firstly, most monsters will drop knowledge orbs. They look like EXP balls, but are even smaller. Just have your wand on your hotbar and it'll gain as you kill things. Not every mob drops all types of exp. I've been known to make a squid tank to get easier access to faster water vis for wand charging.

If this isn't skyblock, open up the thauminmicron (make a vanilla bookcase, use your wand on it if you don't have it), and check "basics". 2 shards, 2 gold, and glass pane.

If you hold that up, you can look through it to scan things. It also lets you see in the world nodes better.

Even in a skyblock the nodes can generate, they just happen to be at a very long distance from your base and down near the void, within 10 blocks and normally closer. You'll need a jetpack to reach most of them.

Once you find a node, you just click and hold the wand on it and let it suck out the VIS from the node. With research you'll be able to make the process work better. Higher tiers of wands can also keep the node from being destroyed when you do this. Do try to be careful to not let anything in the node reach zero.

If you have more questions, just ask, and welcome to the forum, and to thaumcraft.
I don't get how to do the node things, I have leaned advanced node something, master node something, node preserver and node in a jar. How can they help me?

Edit: I have full zivicio armor, so flying isn't my problem, and yes, I am playing Sky Factory 2.5
Edit 2:Look:
1ZsEDWi.png

IdsSE6o.png

86B2wTD.png

mFahV2P.png

NOTHING YET, are you sure they can spawn in sky factory?

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I don't get how to do the node things, I have leaned advanced node something, master node something, node preserver and node in a jar. How can they help me?

Edit: I have full zivicio armor, so flying isn't my problem, and yes, I am playing Sky Factory 2.5
Edit 2:Look: NOTHING YET, are you sure they can spawn in sky factory?

I'm guessing you are not a frequent Thaumcraft user.
Try looking through a Thaumometer. :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So I'm suppose to right click while flying like 10 miles?
Sorry, the last time I played with thaumcraft was when HEXXIT came out... :p
You can just hold the thaumometer in your hand and it will sort of like a map gets in your view. However you can still look through it and it will reveal aura nodes when looking through it.

Alternatively you can craft the goggles of revealing and when you wear them it also always reveals the nodes

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously?
If you are in a skyblock and want Vis - make a wand - And a darkroom. Murder a bunch of monsters and the wand will fill up with the aspect orbs that drop. This will more than cover your early requirements for Vis.
Then investigate how to create silverwood saplings in your skyblock.
Create them. Plant them. Cut them down and replant them. On average you get back just over 1 sapling per silverwood - using a regular axe - which makes the early game a bit touchy as you can loose your saplings on a run of bad luck. But, with enough saplings the RNG will smooth out and you will be able to cover your base in tasty pure nodes that will supply all the vis you need and more.

All without scrounging around near the bottom of the map looking for them.

Don't plant the trees within 7 blocks as the nodes may merge.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
That's a nice way as well, Farproc.

Although he already has flight, so reaching the nodes wouldn't be hard and he doesn't seem to be familiar with basic Thaumcraft mechanics, even though they are described in the Thaumonomicon in great detail.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice way as well, Farproc.

Although he already has flight, so reaching the nodes wouldn't be hard and he doesn't seem to be familiar with basic Thaumcraft mechanics, even though they are described in the Thaumonomicon in great detail.

Agreed. TC has changed a few times since it's original inception (hence it being TC4). The documentation provided is top notch, so be sure to actually read it. If particular aspects still escape you, feel free to pick our brains.