How do I get Enderman heads (for EnderIO)?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by ljfa, Nov 16, 2014.

1. ljfa

ljfa Too Much Free Time FTB Mod Dev

I already killed a decent number of Endermen with The Ender, which is supposed to give you more skulls. Yet I didn't get a single Enderman head as of now.
    I have a decent number of Zombie, Skeleton and Creeper heads, but later on I'm gonna need Enderman heads as well to progress further with EnderIO.
    Am I doing something wrong or am I just really unlucky? Should I try a TiC cleaver instead?

2. BossVitorious

BossVitorious Member

I have the same problem. I went to the End with a 100% beheading cleaver, got 2 stacks of pearls, no head.

3. RJS

RJS Popular Member

Do you have any other mods which change endermen? They might overwrite the vanilla enderman. I'm asking because I remember when I was playing Monster that SpecialMobs meant I couldn't get viable genes from mobs like Zombie pigmen, even if they were just the default mob.

RedBoss likes this.
  4. tedyhere

tedyhere Well-Known Member

Have you empowered your Ender yet? I haven't done the DW pack but I also didn't see anything that changes the Head Drop.. Let me look at the configs.
    D:darkSteelSwordSkullChance=0.20000000298023224

So it's a 20 percent chance using the ender for a skull to drop if it's empowered. No modifier if it isn't empowered.

BossVitorious likes this.
  5. epidemia78

epidemia78 Forum Addict

On my custom pack, I have more endermen heads than I know what to do with thanks to my Cleaver (my weapon of choice always). I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that 99 percent of them were spawned via EnderIO spawners.

RedBoss likes this.
  6. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 Well-Known Member

I also have over a stack of heads from a massacre after killing the ender dragon. I used a Rotarycraft bedrock sword to get them, though.

7. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

The pack you're using must have edited the configs. In my personal pack I have plenty of endermen heads.

8. MacAisling

MacAisling Popular Member

I've always found that I get more heads with a looting sword than with a beheading/vorpal sword, so if I'm looking for heads I use a sword with both enchants.

9. RJS

RJS Popular Member

My best head gathering weapon was in Magic World 2. Axe of the skulltaker with Looting 3 and Beheading 3. I sometimes got two skulls from one wither skeleton :p

10. madnewmy

madnewmy Well-Known Member

I used an ender with looting 3
    Per 10 enderman, it's about 4-6 head with 20-30 pearls

11. ljfa

ljfa Too Much Free Time FTB Mod Dev

It works in creative with endermen from spawn eggs. Seems like I am unlucky in my survival world.

12. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

RNG can be a female canine

abculatter_2 likes this.