Bug How do i disable the translocator crafting grid?

E

EtbloMc

I really need to know, i have no clue how to ban it, so someone help please.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
???
I happen to like using parental controls. All that is needed is to is to use whitelist mode. Whitelist the aplications that work. Then the rest won't be able to run. It works really well.

What is the mod-pack and which mod specifically is the item from? There are usually a few different ways to disable something. Knowing all the variables will help someone come up with a optimal answer, or three.

Might need to know what a translocator crafting grid is too.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Might need to know what a translocator crafting grid is too.
the mod translocators (I belive it is called that) has a feature that lets you create a special crafting grid over the surface of any block. You can right click it with an item in hand to place items in the grid and thus craft without a crafting bench. There is no cost for it at all but it is also a bit less convenient then a normal crafting table

I would look in the config from that mod to see if it can be disabled.

Reactions: DeathOfTime
E

EtbloMc

i looked in the config, no way to disable it, and the mod is translocators.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i looked in the config, no way to disable it, and the mod is translocators.
It is the only mod being used on the server? It might work to just go pure vanilla.

There are mods made to disable parts of other mods. If my reading is correct. Something like ?minetweaker?. If you are using more then one mod then a relevant mod may already be in there. It is impossible to help a person that refuses to provide the relevant information. Though it is entertaining to jump to conclusions and and provide useless answers.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It is the only mod being used on the server? It might work to just go pure vanilla.
It also adds some other stuff which has nothing to do with the crafting grid. Thus I can imagine that going pure vanilla isn't an real option.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of other mods that can replace it.
I also don't think minetweaker will help as there is nothing needed to get that grid.

Now, going with what I just said my suggestion is to just remove the mod from the server if the crafting grid is so troublesome for you.
That being said, why do you want it gone? It is even less convenient then the normal crafting table (which says a lot at how inconvenient it is) and it isn't like a wood log is hard to come by (at least, under normal conditions)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
That would help on single player, yes, but it would not work on a server, as every player can just change their own keybinds and use the crafting grid regardless.

This is especially troublesome, because of the dupe big connected to that crafting table.

I'd suggest to use forge essentials to globally deny permission to place said crafting table.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime
E

EtbloMc

still not sure how, since if i had an ID, i would try to ban that, but the table itself says (unknown item, Report to mod author) with no ID, so i dont know how to fix this.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Unique name is: "Translocator:craftingGrid"
I hope that helps you.

To get more information about block-id, unlocalized name, etc. use NEI to do a block dump. Inventory -> Options -> Tools -> Dumps -> Items.