How Do I Delete/Uninstall FTB Completely

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Type in programs and features into your search bar. Right click the FTB icon, uninstall

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the FTB launcher doesn't use the Windows install/uninstall feature (it's not listed in Control Panel when you click "uninstall a program"). I always just delete the folder manually when I want to "reboot" my FTB installation and start over from scratch - you just need to use Windows Explorer and know which drive/folder it was installed to. One press of the delete key and you're done.

WARNING: you will lose any worlds you may have been playing when you do this. If you don't have any worlds or don't care about saving them, then no problem... but if you want to save them, you need to copy the "saves" folder from each modpack's folder to a temporary location and then paste them back once you've re-installed the launcher and the modpack files.

Reactions: Padfoote

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Type in programs and features into your search bar. Right click the FTB icon, uninstall

Maybe it works differently for you, but on my Windows 7 system, FTB does not register as an installed program and this method doesn't work.

@asb3pe above describes how to at least remove the "modpack" folders, if not the actual FTB install files. Those are buried in your %appdata% area if you are on Windows, and it generally isn't a good idea to go puttering around in there if you don't know what you're doing.

Edit: Just browsing I notice ftblauncher files in %appdata%/local/ftblauncher and %appdata%/roaming/ftblauncher -- Unless you're planning on nuking it from orbit, I'd leave those alone and go with the workaround offered by @asb3pe

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm maybe I'm thinking of something else... Disregard!

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it works differently for you, but on my Windows 7 system, FTB does not register as an installed program and this method doesn't work.

@asb3pe above describes how to at least remove the "modpack" folders, if not the actual FTB install files. Those are buried in your %appdata% area if you are on Windows, and it generally isn't a good idea to go puttering around in there if you don't know what you're doing.

Edit: Just browsing I notice ftblauncher files in %appdata%/local/ftblauncher and %appdata%/roaming/ftblauncher -- Unless you're planning on nuking it from orbit, I'd leave those alone and go with the workaround offered by @asb3pe

I love to "putter around in there", but I never even knew those folders existed. :) So I learned something new too. Browsing thru them, it seems like it would be prudent to delete those two directories as well and let the FTB Launcher rebuild em, otherwise you haven't truly done a "full re-install".

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Burn the house down with computer inside. Completely uninstalls ftb but I don't recommend that use one of the methods above.