how do energy inputs work in engineers toolbox?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to do something as simple as getting some RF from an REC to a block with a breaker, energy input and output module on it.I have the breaker and output modules set to same inventory channel, everything else is off. I tried redstone energy conduit, hardened conduit, flux conduit from the ET mod and it always reads 0 rf. I tried wrenching the ends of the conduits...it either connects or doesnt, theres no direction indicator. What exactly do i need to do to get energy into the machine? This is for FTB Horizons, mc 1.6.4

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
The breaker from Engineers toolbox needs no energy for one thing. It runs off a redstone pulse. What are you attempting to do with it?

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
break stone with it...i had a lever next to it, it did not activate when i toggled it. Ill keep buggering around with it. the tooltip does show it needs power, 5000 rf total i believe with the breaker module. eventually have it on a cobble generator. its just an experiment, i wanted to see how things work in ET

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I see your problem than, make a button module and place on the socket, go to red on your remote and change both the breaker and button to 100 than push the button ;) The tooltip when you look at it just shows how much energy is in the socket, since ALL sockets can hold energy it shows 0 out of 5000 RF

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a link to an album showing the setup on all three sides using a button module. http://imgur.com/a/fvoEK#0 If you replace the button with a redstone input you can control with outside redstone devices. Also a Block update module would automate, it goes on top. Make sure you use a Machine Output

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
thanks man, very helpful. got a decent cobble gen going with a bud module. very cool stuff.