How difficult would it be to take the magic pack, and add these mods:

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
  • Additional Pipes
  • Advanced Machines
  • Advanced Solar Panels (Not sure if this is 1.4.5 yet)
  • Computercraft
  • Factorization
  • Gravitation Suite
  • Gregtech
  • IC2 Nuclear Control
  • IC2
  • MFFS
  • Portalgun
I'm currently fighting to keep interest in the pack at the moment, because I have so many ideas, but they're all pretty much reliant upon Redpower. Thaumcraft though, is one of my favorite mods out there, but I've yet to play on it because all my progress has been in the original beta pack. I figured, if I took the magic pack which is already updated to 1.4.5, and added these mods myself, I could transfer my world over and continue playing in it along with Thuamcraft to keep me entertained... Although, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when installing mods. Past dragging and dropping into the minecraft jar file (Or thanks to the launcher, just adding the mods via the "add mod" option) I don't know much, so I'm worried I may have to fix something to do with item ID's or something?

I figured I'd try posting here to see if anyone else has attempted it yet before trying it myself so I can avoid making too many mistakes...

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong, but since both packs are made by the FTB team, the mods that are in the beta pack should not give you any ID conflicts if you use them in the magic pack. They should use standard configs to prevent that. I've only added XYcraft to my own magic pack, so I can't really say for all of the other mods in there.

Edit: By mods in the beta pack, I obviously mean the updated versions from their own download sites.. Don't use the actual beta /mods/ folder mods cause that wouldn't work.

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, I suppose I'll make a go of it in half an hour or so, and once I get it done or run into issues, I'll update this post with how to do it/asking for solutions...

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
They all work well, I have the same sort of mods working together. Might want to use ID resolver to make it easier.

makeshiftwings

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking that the "Ultimate Pack" which will come out some time after the next FTB main pack will look sort of like this.

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
With the addition of Optifine, GuiAPI and ID resolver, I finally managed to get all these mods to work together. Looks like I'm gonna be having some fun now :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I don't suggest using ID resolver to solve the problem and instead go into the configs and use the same IDs used in the 1.4.2 pack for the mods so that the configs don't later interfere with new mods in the packs or changes to the configs.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
That might not help. The Beta Pack wasn't made with the standardized IDs, so IDs in the later tech and universal packs could be different.

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the IDs will still change even with the current pack, so it does not really matter what the IDs are. Since you will still have to configure the IDs for the later packs if you want to keep using them.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Holf, no need to use ID resovler. I simply used the configs from the beta pack (which has all those mods listed) and then added the mods from the magic pack and had no id issues at all.

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but the extra mods that he is adding will need to IDs changed so they won't work with the default IDs

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
The 'extra' mods he is adding are in the Beta Pack (with the exception of Additional Pipes). So if he copies the beta pack config files to the magic pack, it will only overwrite a few files and add all the new ones. Doing that, there shouldn't be any ID conflicts. Even when adding xycraft and EE3.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft though, is one of my favorite mods out there, but I've yet to play on it because all my progress has been in the original beta pack. I figured, if I took the magic pack which is already updated to 1.4.5, and added these mods myself, I could transfer my world over and continue playing in it along with Thuamcraft to keep me entertained... Although, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when installing mods. Past dragging and dropping into the minecraft jar file (Or thanks to the launcher, just adding the mods via the "add mod" option) I don't know much, so I'm worried I may have to fix something to do with item ID's or something?

I figured I'd try posting here to see if anyone else has attempted it yet before trying it myself so I can avoid making too many mistakes...
If you want to use the same world you have to use the same configs and that could cause problems if there are conflicts. If there are conflicts you have to change the standardized IDs of Magic Pack. You decide if it's worth it since you will have to keep making sure you have the right IDs when you update the pack because obviously configs are updated every time, too.

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I re-did it this morning with the configs from the beta pack, and only had to change a few ID's for Gregtech. It also made it easier to move my save over from the beta pack to the magic pack, though I couldn't get aura nodes to (re)generate in already generated chunks (Yes, I did everything correctly in the configs), so it looks like I'll just have to say goodbye to my old save and start a new one :/

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, I re-did it this morning with the configs from the beta pack, and only had to change a few ID's for Gregtech. It also made it easier to move my save over from the beta pack to the magic pack, though I couldn't get aura nodes to (re)generate in already generated chunks (Yes, I did everything correctly in the configs), so it looks like I'll just have to say goodbye to my old save and start a new one :/
Been there like 4 times when I had some of the IDs conflicting but it didn't cause a problem on startup so the recipe for an iron furnace gave me a blueprint ._.

Had to discard the world after fixing because it wouldn't start up.

Oh and I'd suggest adding logistic pipes too (;

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Machine block was temporarily requiring yellow wire for me.

I had the choice of assembly table or 8 refined iron... o_O

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Machine block was temporarily requiring yellow wire for me.

I had the choice of assembly table or 8 refined iron... o_O

That happened to me at first, I just looked through the loading log and realized that BC and IC2 were sharing a ton of IDs. Just surprised the game started at all like that.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I took the magic pack and moved it to multimc, got it working and then added in most of the same mods :)

A few minor issues but I was able to figure them out and get it working.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Why would the ftb team ad
  • Additional Pipes
  • Advanced Machines
  • Advanced Solar Panels (Not sure if this is 1.4.5 yet)
  • Computercraft
  • Factorization
  • Gravitation Suite
  • Gregtech
  • IC2 Nuclear Control
  • IC2
  • MFFS
  • Portalgun
I'm currently fighting to keep interest in the pack at the moment, because I have so many ideas, but they're all pretty much reliant upon Redpower. Thaumcraft though, is one of my favorite mods out there, but I've yet to play on it because all my progress has been in the original beta pack. I figured, if I took the magic pack which is already updated to 1.4.5, and added these mods myself, I could transfer my world over and continue playing in it along with Thuamcraft to keep me entertained... Although, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when installing mods. Past dragging and dropping into the minecraft jar file (Or thanks to the launcher, just adding the mods via the "add mod" option) I don't know much, so I'm worried I may have to fix something to do with item ID's or something?

why would the Ftb team add all of these tech mods to a magic mudpack granted that there are a few tech mods in magic world do you want to overload a magical mod pack with all of these technical things? If you really just want to use Thaumcraft and Soul shards with the tech mods wait for the Ultimate pack/Direwolf20 pack. All you need is patience

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
He isn't asking the FTB team to add them, he wants to add them himself so he has access to all the mods in there updated form. If you are capable of putting them together yourself without issue, there is no reason you should have to wait for someone else to do it for you.