How did this person make this node with bees???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Basically someone showed me this node said it came from just bees. I know nothing about bees, and I know some stuff here and there about thaumcraft. Also he would not tell me anything at all not even a clue how it was done. He just said no to every idea how it may have been done.

I am trying to figure this out cause it would be great for my base!

So could someone explain to me what happened here and how it is possible?
I would be seriously grateful.

Thanks guys!

PS please bear with me as I am new to the new thaumcraft, have not played it since 1.6

Attachments

• 2017-01-18_04.30.26.png
    2017-01-18_04.30.26.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 289

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
From what I can think of, they probably have rejuvenating bees set up in those apiaries. These bees add random aspects to nearby nodes, apparently without limit, which allows for these giant nodes.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
All I am gonna say is its time to learn bees!!! Thank you so much for real, do I have to find each bee or can I breed them? Cause if I am correct there is no book for bees?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Bees in a nutshell:
1) Walk around for an hour and collect every bee you can find.
2) Check villages for free apiaries/bees/bee-related stuff
3) Ensure you have at least a couple queens/princesses for every type you find
4) Make a stack of each type of drone in apiaries
5) Learn how to mutate bees (create Common bees)
6) Make Industrious bees (find wikis. This may take you days.)
7) Make Imperial bees (find wikis. This may take you days.)
8) work your way towards the bees you specifically want.

General advice
1) Scale is good. Use lots of apiaries so that things happen more quickly.
2) Make a stack of each new species you get so that you can "revert" species as necessary.
3) There are two types of princesses: ignoble and pristine. Ignoble will eventually die, typically after 120 generations or so. Do not stress about this. So long as you have lots of drones, you don't care if the ignoble princesses die.
4) Bees have useful traits. Fertility means they'll create more drones when they die (increasing your chance of getting a mutation you want). Speed means they'll generate their special combs more quickly.
5) Some bees are pissy about the environments they'll work in. Don't start in a desert or arctic wasteland, since most bees prefer the same temperatures and humidity that you and I do.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Bees in a nutshell:
1) Walk around for an hour and collect every bee you can find.
2) Check villages for free apiaries/bees/bee-related stuff
3) Ensure you have at least a couple queens/princesses for every type you find
4) Make a stack of each type of drone in apiaries
5) Learn how to mutate bees (create Common bees)
6) Make Industrious bees (find wikis. This may take you days.)
7) Make Imperial bees (find wikis. This may take you days.)
8) work your way towards the bees you specifically want.

General advice
1) Scale is good. Use lots of apiaries so that things happen more quickly.
2) Make a stack of each new species you get so that you can "revert" species as necessary.
3) There are two types of princesses: ignoble and pristine. Ignoble will eventually die, typically after 120 generations or so. Do not stress about this. So long as you have lots of drones, you don't care if the ignoble princesses die.
4) Bees have useful traits. Fertility means they'll create more drones when they die (increasing your chance of getting a mutation you want). Speed means they'll generate their special combs more quickly.
5) Some bees are pissy about the environments they'll work in. Don't start in a desert or arctic wasteland, since most bees prefer the same temperatures and humidity that you and I do.

you my friend just became a best friend lol. Thank you so much for explaining this :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
From what I can think of, they probably have rejuvenating bees set up in those apiaries. These bees add random aspects to nearby nodes, apparently without limit, which allows for these giant nodes.
There's a bee trait called "empowering". It adds random aspects to nearby nodes.
LorePine's is probably more correct.
No, Rejuvenating bees refills the node once you draw vis from it. Empowering is the one that adds and increases the aspects on a node.

I would recommend against making them too big however. The "aura" around them becomes huge and blinding.
For Energized nodes you wont need much more than 100 of each primal.
For a Wand recharging node you can use Rejuvenating bees to refill it as you draw. So you can make due with a very small node.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, Rejuvenating bees refills the node once you draw vis from it. Empowering is the one that adds and increases the aspects on a node.

I would recommend against making them too big however. The "aura" around them becomes huge and blinding.
For Energized nodes you wont need much more than 100 of each primal.
For a Wand recharging node you can use Rejuvenating bees to refill it as you draw. So you can make due with a very small node.
Funny, I tried to google a reference to back me up on that but I couldn't. Thanks for clarifying.