How can I shrink my FTB world file?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
My FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 world file is at 1.3gb and when compressed is at about 450mb. I would like to upload this to a server I am running but the limit is 100mb for an upload file. How can I shrink the world size? I tried using McEdit to remove chunks but it didn't allow me to open the world due to the fact that Biomes 'o' Plenty is installed. Does anyone know or have a way around this?
If so please let me know!
Thanks

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
My FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 world file is at 1.3gb and when compressed is at about 450mb. I would like to upload this to a server I am running but the limit is 100mb for an upload file. How can I shrink the world size? I tried using McEdit to remove chunks but it didn't allow me to open the world due to the fact that Biomes 'o' Plenty is installed. Does anyone know or have a way around this?
If so please let me know!
Thanks

Your supplier should be granting you full FTP access to your server's directory to put your world in. You can then log in by using programs like Filezilla. By doing it that way you can upload any size file.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
You can do it using world edit.
1. Create the server you want to move the build to using the same seed.
2. Use world edit to Create a Schematic:

3. Then move that build to your server.