How can I give RF energy to metal former

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

lochness

Hi. I use windmills and I take energy from energy laser to basic capacitor bank. And basic capacitor bank uses energy conduit from enderio. I cant connect that cable for my metal former. What can i do?

My ss;

6b16923886b948c8860aa9f70af94e9e.png

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
IIRC, the metal former is an IC2 machine, and IC2 uses its own power (EU), not RF. You need to find something that can convert RF to EU or you need to use IC2's generators and cables to make and transfer EU.

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
Either use IC2 power generation options or if you have it in your pack, Mekanism cables or Energy cubes. They are taking RF and put out EU without big problems.

D

DarkWolfJTB

This stuff confuses me as well. Gonna go ahead and assume that the other replier's recomendation of Mekanism cables of Energy cubes might be worth looking into if they're in your pack. I'm relatively new to all this and am only mentioning this in case it helps you another time, but I had the opposite problem - Needing to convert EU into RF, and basically I use an electrical engine which can take EU and turn it into RF for an RF machine. Doesn't work the other way around though.

R

Rhapsody

Depending on your pack, Immersive Engineering's LV/MV/HV coils are an inexpensive option.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Or, if all else fails, I believe putting redstone in the battery slot still works to provide it some power. It's horrifyingly inefficient, but it can work if there's no other good option. Then again, a simple solar panel or generator would also work. IC2 generators will pass power to adjacent blocks.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That is true for the 1.7 version but is no longer the case if you are playing on 1.10
Which, going by the Actually Additions crusher and double furnace they have in the picture, is the case.

Also, this was posted both here and in the simple questions thread identically; it was answered the same there in terms of needing IC2 power.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
1.10 has it's own converter mod to go from RF to IC2 with Immersive Engineering Cables. Can't remember what it's called though.

AA was actually in 1.7, but I only ever saw one person use it there.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
1.10 has it's own converter mod to go from RF to IC2 with Immersive Engineering Cables. Can't remember what it's called though.

AA was actually in 1.7, but I only ever saw one person use it there.
Now that I didn't know! :) cool! Though it doesn't surprise me - there was actually a version of Botania in 1.6.4, much more restricted than the version seen in 1.7+, but very interesting and had some key features! I added it into a small test pack, it was rather fun :)

Reactions: KingTriaxx