How can I disable the Optifine F3 debug profiling?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
In game it doesn't work, you save and then it simply reverts to YES. I set the option to NO in the config file and then made the file Read-Only. Didn't work... I use F3 for biome names and stuff and every time I press F3 I get a huge lag that doesn't completely disappear after I close the... what's it called again? Is there a way to disable the debug profiler from Optifine?

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
It's not from Optifine, it's simply Optifine makes it easier to show than the normal method which is (or at least used to be) shift-F3.

Never had this personally though, so can't help beyond that.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
It's not from Optifine, it's simply Optifine makes it easier to show than the normal method which is (or at least used to be) shift-F3.

sorry that this might be a bit off topic but... arent you also on the ic2 forums aswell?

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019

It IS Optifine, I just said that I can't turn off that option, it turns itself back on!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
the thing itself is not from optifine. Optifine just throws it in your face for some reason. Maybe shift+f3 works to get the debug screen without the profiling?

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
the thing itself is not from optifine. Optifine just throws it in your face for some reason. Maybe shift+f3 works to get the debug screen without the profiling?
Oh, that's what he meant? Yes, I see that now, I'll give it a try!

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
From a forum:
"If you have Optifine there's a bug where no matter what you do the Lagometer will be there. So Optifine kinda messes some things up"
"I have optifine, and it doesn't go away for me either. You also can't turn it off manually in the settings, because it will always reset itself. Just wait until an update of the mod."
Is there really no solution?

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
From a forum:
"If you have Optifine there's a bug where no matter what you do the Lagometer will be there. So Optifine kinda messes some things up"
"I have optifine, and it doesn't go away for me either. You also can't turn it off manually in the settings, because it will always reset itself. Just wait until an update of the mod."
Is there really no solution?
There was a conflict with Forge if I remember rightly that made this happen where it just ignored the setting and showed it regardless, but that was 1.4.7 and was fixed for 1.5. Which version of Minecraft are you using?
sorry that this might be a bit off topic but... arent you also on the ic2 forums aswell?
Indeed I am.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
There was a conflict with Forge if I remember rightly that made this happen where it just ignored the setting and showed it regardless, but that was 1.4.7 and was fixed for 1.5. Which version of Minecraft are you using?

Indeed I am.
1.6.4; OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_D1