How can I ban Items?

Adolph Hipster

Jul 29, 2019
Which items are popular to ban and why? how do you disable the item?

I also want to ban crafting on nukes, but not banning the use. As i want admins to hand them out to long term, responsible players. I hear alot of people disabling crafting recipe, I don't know where to find them to disable. And if i do, can i still spawn the items with my OP cheat mode and hand them out to players?

the only items i was planning on banning were canvas bags, and crafting nukes.

thanks

MomoNasty

Jul 29, 2019
Yah recipear is a great forge mod for removing the recipes. Also as an alternative to banning canvas items you can install Rptweaks server-side and it will fix many of the RP2 bugs like that. link: http://pastehtml.com/view/cr72r0hhu.html. I have tested it and it fixes the glitch and is not required by the client ;)

Mrtubzy

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest most effective way to ban some items is in the config file. Change crafting value to =false in the IC2 config file for nukes. The mod makers are aware of some of the items that a lot of servers don't want available to all of the players so, they put it in the config and you can disable some of the more dangerous recipes there.

I have nukes, chunk loaders, and, quarries disabled on my server. The chunk loaders/quarries can cause quite a bit of strain on a server so, I removed them. A lot of the time when I ban something, it's because someone has abused them to the point of harming the server. One person had 4 max size quarries, which, is overkill but, that was what ultimately made me remove them.

Mystcraft is hard on a server as well. We had someone make 21 dimensions in about 3 hours. The server was so laggy, it was unplayable so, I removed those recipes as well.

My advice is check the config file first, then use reciperemover. Reciperemover is a great mod for banning recipes but, it still has its bugs. I've had some recipes not available because, this mod removed them and it was something I didn't want removed. So use caution when using that mod.