how and can i add a mod to FTB Beyond?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
F

finalmetal

I was wondering if I could add Ore Excavation (I think that is what it is called, vienminner for 1.10) I like playing skyfactory 3 with it but don't like void worlds that much, and would like to start playing Beyond with something like vienminner. If I can, how would I go about installing a mod to a preexisting mudpack?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
For the Curse launcher, edit your profile settings for the installed Beyond pack. There should be an option to unlock it. Then, browse for more content, and install the mod you want.

With many other launchers, it's as simple as adding the mod you want into the mods folder for the instance.

F

finalmetal

thanks I am using the cure launcher and I didn't realize it was that easy.

V

ViciousBlades

For the Curse launcher, edit your profile settings for the installed Beyond pack. There should be an option to unlock it. Then, browse for more content, and install the mod you want.

With many other launchers, it's as simple as adding the mod you want into the mods folder for the instance.

I'm still a little confused by this. If I press "GET MORE CONTENT", it just takes me to look at resource packs and maps, but I also want to add the bedbugs mod because it's annoying having to close out of game and going back to the launcher loading screen.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to relaunch. FTBUtils has the "/FTB kickme" command which should be able to act as a quit to title screen. I just recently found out about it myself (thanks, @Quetzi ).

Edit:. To address your other issue, it doesn't sound like you've unlocked the pack in the profile options if you can't access mods when searching for more content. Make sure you do that, or you will be unable to edit the pack outside of the options you've mentioned.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm still a little confused by this. If I press "GET MORE CONTENT", it just takes me to look at resource packs and maps, but I also want to add the bedbugs mod because it's annoying having to close out of game and going back to the launcher loading screen.

You also have to unlock the pack.

The button with the ... next to "get more content" will open up some options.

Go to:
Profile Options
Uncheck Locked
?????
Profit!