Horizons 2.1 RotaryCraft-Extractor not enough power

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
I updated my game and server and have some to find out I cannot supply my extractor with enough rad/s to do all four stages. Also I cannot have a Industrial Coil or a Magnetostatic Engine to even output anything Close to what the extractor needs. Any suggestions? Had one suggestion of a 16:1 gear box but when I do that I do not get enough torque or speed for all four stages.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna continue where I left off then. :p

Works perfectly for me. By not always getting min torque or speed, do you mean flickering? If so, that's perfectly fine. Just a graphical bug.[DOUBLEPOST=1395349553][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, woops! I meant 4:1. Not 16:1. Derp.

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
4:1 doesnt work either. I run into the same problem of not flickering. Torque mode of 4:1 is only 486 Nm

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You have to have the gearbox in speed mode. Shift right click the gearbox with a screwdriver.
(And remember, gearboxes need lubricant or else they will break and become less efficient.)

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
I do have it in speed mode, I have enough speed but not enough torque. Need min 512 Nm torque for all use of all four stages. In speed mode I only get 486 Nm

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Your gearbox is damaged. Get a new gearbox and make sure you put lubricant in BEFORE You turn on the engine.

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
damn that thing is touchy, do you know how often I will need to fill it with lubrication? I am using diamond gearbox

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
ok. I may hook up a pipe to it and just do a auto fill[DOUBLEPOST=1395352061][/DOUBLEPOST]just sent you a conversation post

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
for what its worth, I highly recommend more than 1 extractor, especially if power usage is of any concern to you. Trying to run all 4 stages simultaneously from one extractor is extremely inefficient.

You can flip from speed to torque mode automatically by applying a redstone signal to...something, I believe. A CVT maybe? But multiple extractors works for me.

Hardchlor

Jul 29, 2019
My solution to the power use is a magnetostatic engine at full power 2048 to 2048 and add a 4:1 gearbox set to speed. This produces 4 MW with 8192 rad/s and 512 Nm, which keeps the extractor running steady at all stages. For the TE power use, I would suggest setting up a Big Reactors-reactor. The power consumption though is exagerratedly huge (for an ore processing machine at least) ^_^

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
for what its worth, I highly recommend more than 1 extractor, especially if power usage is of any concern to you. Trying to run all 4 stages simultaneously from one extractor is extremely inefficient.

You can flip from speed to torque mode automatically by applying a redstone signal to...something, I believe. A CVT maybe? But multiple extractors works for me.

right now I have a gas engine running through a multi-clutch and two 16x gearboxes, one speed, one torque. clutch is connected to a 1 minute timer.
shortly going to upgrade that gas engine to my solar tower and change over to a project red timer and set for 2-3 minutes.

@Hardchlor. 5x multiplication at 1 tick per operation. . . you expect that thing to be cheap to run? :D

and ive set a small goal for myself of not using magnetostatics.
with reactorcraft installed, even a smallish reactor spits out lots of power.