Holy Mother Of All Oil Fields

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I make little towers with a ring of cobble put the pump and some redstone engines and a tank and pump it back to base. im gathering power for my upcoming universal power generation center so I can use tesseracts to transport energy anywhere I need it.[DOUBLEPOST=1413100824][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess I could pour buckets into a hand dug hole but there is no real way I know of to deposit fuel the same way you pump it up.

Buildcraft floodgate will pour the fuel out into the world.

By the way pfffft, rookie. Come talk when you've made a single biome Mystcraft age of this.

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
To the person who wanted to see fire, well lightning did it for me, but here is my mystcraft oil ocean world "Got lucky with the lotto! And its a DEEP one all the way to bedrock."

358yu01.jpg

2meobwk.jpg

Not to worried about alittle bit of oil getting burned up since this tiny patch of 9x9 chunk loaded area contains about 25-30 million buckets of oil. This level is oil all the way to flat bedrock at height 5.[DOUBLEPOST=1413479293][/DOUBLEPOST]Will be switching my refinery over from lava based to fuel now. My main power system will probably be semi-fluid generator for obvious reasons.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
To the person who wanted to see fire, well lightning did it for me, but here is my mystcraft oil ocean world "Got lucky with the lotto! And its a DEEP one all the way to bedrock."

358yu01.jpg

2meobwk.jpg

Not to worried about alittle bit of oil getting burned up since this tiny patch of 9x9 chunk loaded area contains about 25-30 million buckets of oil. This level is oil all the way to flat bedrock at height 5.[DOUBLEPOST=1413479293][/DOUBLEPOST]Will be switching my refinery over from lava based to fuel now. My main power system will probably be semi-fluid generator for obvious reasons.
YES LET IT ALL BURN TO THE GROUND!!!

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
looks cool but I really need to find a way to put it out. I tried changing buildcraft config to false for oil burning and it crashed the server. Its loading more and more chunks and is lagging my pc to hell and d/c me every 30sec to 5 mins. its at like 4500 chunks and growing. anyone know how to stop it.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
looks cool but I really need to find a way to put it out. I tried changing buildcraft config to false for oil burning and it crashed the server. Its loading more and more chunks and is lagging my pc to hell and d/c me every 30sec to 5 mins. its at like 4500 chunks and growing. anyone know how to stop it.
I'd say get out of that world and throw away the book that you used to make it. With you not there, the chunks aren't loaded so neither is the fire.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Call it a loss and delete the dimension from your save directory. Ocean oil worlds are a bad idea. Tossing the book out only works if there isn't any chunkloaders in that world.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
You could just reset the region folder for the dimension, turn off flamable oil, and then go back into the world. You will lose any machines you have there though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

358yu01.jpg

2meobwk.jpg

ZWOCG7E.jpg

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
How do you reset the region this thing covers according to the chunkloader nearly 1024 in all directions :([DOUBLEPOST=1413546657][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok I opted for a region reset which worked. I just pulled the entire region folder out, and mystcraft reset it. My world is intact and no fire yay![DOUBLEPOST=1413575168,1413544988][/DOUBLEPOST]Just got done resetting my pumps well 42 of the original 50 lol. also getting the rest of the drums I had being filled done... im moving to the ME system with Extra Cells im a bit sad its only 16k or so buckets per 64k unit was thinking it was 64k lol. 30 64s will take care of 950k buckets at a time. 16k in one inventory item better then 256 buckets in a drum. Drums look cooler but it lags the server filling 100s or 1000s

Last edited:

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
Just got the ME system up and running and switched to single pumps spaced out over a large grid area (pumping range and some space) im pullin 1,000 buckets of oil every 18-20 seconds! 41 pumps each chunkloaded with its own color coded ender tank feeding into the ME Fluid Interface. I have a bank of 34 ME Drives each with 10x 64k fluid for a total of 5,570,560 buckets of storage capacity. my pumping rate is about 4.5 Million / 24 IRL hours.[DOUBLEPOST=1413606920][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah and the new system is nice and nearly lag free!

Snaef98

Jul 29, 2019
Once you mystcraft an oil age, nothing is too much oil.
yeah once I get my new upgraded refinery built still got to design it. Its going to be powered off semifluid gens and the oil supplied by the ME and the fuel will go back to the ME. Its crazy im fillin a 64k card in like 6.5 mins lol the fuel cost to run this (9 fluid gens) is around 5,000 buckets of fuel a day aprox. My current refinery is 20-25k/day

Also my pumps are fuel powered direct off the refinery tank and im still ticking up. (84 combustion engines 41x2 + 2 for water (plus about 7 accumulators)