Hollow Hill + Chunk Loader + Mining Turtle = ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a mining turtle that just went to work on an excavate 100 mission, with a stack of lava cells as fuel (I hope that's enough?] to work on an entire hollow hill. I am using a Chunk Loader to encompass the entire hill, and was wondering if this safely makes sure that there will be no chunk resets? Sure, it's just a turtle and a chunk reloader, but... I still want to know if it's safe to use instead of a quarry.

EDIT: A turtle, when using the excavate program, will automatically stop what it's doing when it's full and return and stick everything in the chest, right...?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
if you place a turtle in front of a chest, and then you do excavate, it will drop the stuff.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You can, but a turtle can only have 2 attachments, so if you add a pick for mining, you have to choose between loading, remote controls, mining laser, or a load of other different things.

Omlettwender

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually combine the chunkloader with the turtle aswell, FYI.
You can, but a turtle can only have 2 attachments, so if you add a pick for mining, you have to choose between loading, remote controls, mining laser, or a load of other different things.

Remote controls are not an issue since the chunk loader module also works as a wireless modem. Unfortunately i have not managed to get the Chunk Loader module to run, my turtle still unloads when i change dimensions (my chunkLoaderRadius is set to 1x1).