Hitting that end game wall

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm playing single player, I just start a new map when I hit that point. If it's a server? Chunk everything into chests, leave it all, decorate the outside so it looks like it's ruins, then go off in another direction and start again. Someone might find my old stuff fun to mess with, or at least use the resources, and I was bored of it anyway, so what's it matter?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised someone hasn't already said it for me:
Gregtech
People are gonna bash me for saying it but it prolongs games.
Also, I keep saying that I plan to add a mod to IC2
If I do which I intend fully on doing it, it will end extremely high endgame things
But as to the OP, I would say start a new map and go slower this time.
If you went for example with Pulverizer, Induction Smelter, etc. next time go the Ic2 route or even factorization mod.
Or make a goal like build something huge and awesome. If you're not already join a server.
Lastly, if you do what I plan on doing to cure the "end-game syndrome" then make a mod that will cure whatever symptoms you're having :)
Hope this helps :)

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a Boss Battle Arena, with cool effects like making it look like you're battling the wither in the middle of the void.

So many possible things to do.

And with all my resources, power generation, and automation...

I still don't have enough uranium. ~_~

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
Make a max speed assembly table to eat some of that boiler power (600 lasers that need 3000mj/t to run). I have 6 36HP boilers in my end-game void age and space/fuel for more. Next thing I'm going to be setting up and attaching to my auto-processing plant is coke ovens and blast furnaces (Thinking 20 of each is going to be a good start). I'm not a creative builder, so instead of making something pretty I make it ridiculously large and complex for no reason (Xycraft soil, block breakers into fermenters all run by a CC computer is what I use to get biofuel). My base is currently sitting on around 18x12 chunks and it's still growing.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like considering things "end game" or when people ask "what should I do now" that type of thing. Also when youtubers and anyone for that matter says like: "here's the project for today" or something like that. I rather just do things as I go along and try to not make the game feel like a chapter book where I do one thing then consider it done and move onto the next

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
I would love it if you could tell the game that you are ready. This is survival right? Time for the real zombie apocalypse. Build something like a beacon and have it summon the horde of angry supercharged zombie creepers. Something to make that forcefield worth it! Need more power to my armour and weapons to help survive THIS night. I've been stockpiling for the big siege, now I'm just waiting for it to happen.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Find an item you have not got a production line for. eg. wither skeletons
Think about making that production line look cool. eg. A giant wither skeleton head.
Think about what you will need to make that. eg. various dyed wool, wood and other black blocks.
Automate the creation of the aforementioned items in a cool looking production line. eg. bees to produce dye, a sheep paddock on a flying island.
Ponder the items you need to create the aforementioned production line and then create a new production line to create these

You can take this process as far as you like and it takes away the complete openness of the sandbox and focus' creativity.

Also you are focusing on power but have nothing to do with it. Think about a way to use all that power.... igenous extrude some cobble, grind it up into sand, cook that into glass, glass viewers? Giant see through sphere? Hmm what to put in it though......

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Something I've just thought of trying to build, that would require stacks on stacks of resources, is to build a Thaumcrafting room where, like some vanilla enchanting setups, you can toggle on and off the Aspect boosters. Have pistons push blocks of iron up from the ground, or ignites setting fire around the table, or even have 9 anvils rain from the sky. And have them all activate in the coolest possible way

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised someone hasn't already said it for me:
Gregtech
People are gonna bash me for saying it but it prolongs games.
Also, I keep saying that I plan to add a mod to IC2
If I do which I intend fully on doing it, it will end extremely high endgame things
But as to the OP, I would say start a new map and go slower this time.
If you went for exa...

I'm pretty ok with you; Greg tech helps a lot. i think it's not only a mod that make things crazy difficult as a lot of people consider it, it's very rich and challenging. And a lot of thing are not possible without gregtech.

Anyway, i still think that the ultimate mod pack could be extended to more things to keep people more and more interested and discovering new things.. i feel there is a need for more technical mods.. but also for more RP mods and others. Twilight forest and TC are a very good start. more content and mods should be added.
Sure people could add whatever mods they want, but this is another question..