Hitting that end game wall

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Salinas1983

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure we have all reached the point where we suddenly find ourselves with an incredible amount of items and energy but not a whole lot to do with it all. All my barrels are maxed and I have an entire warehouse full of large iron tanks filled with various colorful liquids, My max size HP boiler is running at a steady 1000c surrounded but chests full of coke coal. The always charming and brilliant Direwolf20 has provided many ideas, but at some point I suddenly feel like there's not a whole lot left to tackle, or at least what is left just sends me right back to where I am now (powering expensive bee machinery so they create more of the same items to be put in my already full barrels, make a solar panel factory ? great. more power to do nothing with.) I realize that of course you're gonna enter end game and run out of things to do at some point, I guess it just sucks that this usually includes having an insane amount of power that you've spent most of your time trying to acquire.
I guess what i'm trying to say is that it feels like the ratio of power and 'things to power' is waaay off later on.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I hit the exact same boundary. Literally everything you said describes the situation I was in. I ended up resolving it by creating an Eternal-Day Void World and making huge aesthetic builds such as spaceships, castles, etc. I think you should try it; it's pretty fun.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure we have all reached the point where we suddenly find ourselves with an incredible amount of items and energy but not a whole lot to do with it all.

Nope. When I have excess of things I start a project to use those things.

All my barrels are maxed and I have an entire warehouse full of large iron tanks filled with various colorful liquids, My max size HP boiler is running at a steady 1000c surrounded but chests full of coke coal.

Ok so you got a lot of stuff? Relize having more stuff does not mean end game.

The always charming and brilliant Direwolf20 has provided many ideas, but at some point I suddenly feel like there's not a whole lot left to tackle, or at least what is left just sends me right back to where I am now (powering expensive bee machinery so they create more of the same items to be put in my already full barrels, make a solar panel factory ? great. more power to do nothing with.) I realize that of course you're gonna enter end game and run out of things to do at some point, I guess it just sucks that this usually includes having an insane amount of power that you've spent most of your time trying to acquire.

This is one of the reasons I tell folks there such a thing as to much automation. You can get into a place where you are making more of something with nothing to do with it. Sure it is a nice build and all but once your got your super factory working does not mean you HAVE to use it all the time. Just becuase you can automate the creation of 300 tons of daimonds a day does not really mean you have to do that all the time. Make what you need then turn the thing off until you need it again. No point in over hording something you have no use for.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that it feels like the ratio of power and 'things to power' is waaay off later on.

Power is the easyest thing to get. So please relize you will most times have more power then things to power so ignore that. Focus instead of creative projects. Go out and DO something with all that your collected. Create a cool building. Build a themed base of some sort. Go explore another mod. put everything you own in a chest and run off into the woods and start something new.

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
When I get to the point where I'm getting bored I just start building a brand-new base from scratch which usually clears up my backlog of items sitting around doing nothing. In fact I'm in the middle of building a giant airship to act as my new base right now, cladding it in iron panels with the floors made out of lapis panels and silver panel ceilings framed with gold panel strips.

Kottabos

Jul 29, 2019
When I get to the point where I'm getting bored I just start building a brand-new base from scratch which usually clears up my backlog of items sitting around doing nothing. In fact I'm in the middle of building a giant airship to act as my new base right now, cladding it in iron panels with the floors made out of lapis panels and silver panel ceilings framed with gold panel strips.

I do something similar to this. Generally when I hit this wall I pack the bare essentials into my inventory and head out into a direction I haven't explored yet and travel for a few days to find a new place to set up shop. Eventually I connect them with portals and consider this new area something like a colony, and a new place to ruin with my terrible machinations lol.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Have you journeyed to the Nether Farlands?
Have you made a filled 12x12x12 Tesseract Replica?
Have you built Space Station 13?
Have you made a Testificate Arcology?
There's all manner of stuff for you to do, the only goals are the ones you make.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, dude! You gotta get Creative! Think while you are in bed, what can I do that is really big and resource consuming? What can I do that is very pretty and time consuming? What can I do that doesn't help me at all, is resource consuming, and time consuming? Ask yourself these questions.

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
Some of my tips:
  • You can improve almost anything. Make everything automatic.
  • Create a new improved base.
  • Get into Bees. Create and automate alveries for many important species of bees.
  • Explore new mods. For example, I haven't gotten into the rail aspect of railcraft. Try setting up a system run from railcarts.
  • Get creative. As Nike says "Just Do It". Do you want to build a windmill? Go and do it. Don't be lazy.
  • Explore Nuclear Engineering. IC2 introduces a very interesting system with nuclear reactors.
  • Whats better than power? MORE POWER! Sure you might not necessarily need 10 Steam Boilers, but set up a nice system and share screenshots on the forums to inspire other people.
  • Now that your base is efficient, make it pretty.

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
Might take a few in progress pics next time I work on it, mostly just a wool outline of the central frame and a portion of the main body along with the end cones.

Pharro

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a under water base? Do you have a personal nether fortress? Do you have a spaceship in the End mining asteroids (if you have gregtech)? What about a space station?
Do you have a mage tower that reaches into the sky beyond the clouds?

Once you build a few bases the next step is to connect them all using trains/linking books/ic2 teleporters

In my game I created my own huge lake (using Redpower2 Pumps) surrounded by mountains just so I could build a extra large dam which acts as the source of all my steam power. Looking back... I didn't think large enough :)

Salinas1983

Jul 29, 2019
I hear what you guys are saying, 'End Game' is probably a poor choice of words, there are many projects I have planned, it's just that most of them don't require a lot of fuel (seriously I have 4000 buckets of refined fuel & 2000 of biofuel). When you have a boiler outputting a constant 144 MJ/t you kind of want to hook that up to something. In any case don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed every second of it.
I'm thinking of starting a new world using the ulitmate pack when it's running on MC 1.5 (currently on DW20 pack),
there are a number of new things in there that could potentially suck up a lot of power.
I will also make a good clean list of what I hope to accomplish project wise once i'm situated, finally get around to building that nuclear reactor, and use it to power.... um.. something.. besides the mass fab.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Try doing it all again in hardcore mode ;)

But you do pick up on a point I always felt was needed. There are too few uses for all the power you end up with that actually have any real use once you get to a certain point.
But the game is driven by survival, and there are other games that do anything past that point so much better and always will.

By the way in case your wondering, I have tried hardcore mode. I lived to the end of the first week on one attempt.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure we have all reached the point where we suddenly find ourselves with an incredible amount of items and energy but not a whole lot to do with it all. ...

Yes indeed. Personally, i've never been interested in building massive buildings, pretty bases... So what guys above are suggesting won't work for me..
what i like about FTB is the technical part, creating complex systems, learning and trying things, resolving issues..

So YES, there is this ascension from extremely poor to extremely rich that is very interesting (extreme wealth generally comes from a good automation and low maintenance systems).
After that, it's time for craziness, for fun projects.. anything that brings more ressources or more power would be boring and pointless..

I did some projects completely wtf : amusement park for mobs( with a rollcaoster a splash and other games .. ),a turtles orchestra with miscperipheral, and some RP2 frames stuff (elevators, doors, surf board)..

so find your self a crazy idea, and THEN see if you can do it. I bet you do