Hi from Muaht

M

Muaht

Hello all.

I've been playing MC for a while, and modded MC is definitely a love of mine (pun intended). I do however have a really crappy comp and next to no ability to upgrade. While I have attempted to play online several times both my lack of data and the aforementioned crappiness of said comp makes that "not a thing".

I guess I have joined the forums here to encourage those with really ^&*%$ computers that you can play modded MC (and to share a journal of such since playing online isn't much of an option for some) and also to connect with the broader modded MC community for the above reasons.

Peace, love and creepers.

M

Muaht

Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Aetherpirate, the comp is a Dell laptop with 8GB RAM which I'd think would normally be great, but I can't upgrade the graphics driver (as the Curse launcher is always telling me to do). Every time I tried it just tells me the system can't use newer drivers.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Welcome and hello. That CPU should be sufficient to play. Won't get the best frame rates and I would suggest sticking to server play instead of single player. That way you aren't trying to run the server and client on the same PC. I would also stick to some of the lighter packs when possible. Obscurity is a great example.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Guessing you probably have the basic Intel HD GPU. Turn down your in-game graphics settings and things will run better.

M

Muaht

Yeah, it's an Intel HD Graphics 3000. I've turned settings to fast rather than fancy and things seem to run better. Thanks for the advice.