birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Title Hermitpack can't get out of the bed

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Hermit Pack

Modpack version 1.0.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue numerous times I try to sleep in a bed, the white one, and it won't let me get out of bed. I hit esc and nothing happens. I try to hit leave bed and nothing happens. I end up having to close down the game. I can go back to the launch, curse, and get back into the game and I am standing next to it. this does not happen everytime, just about 1-5 times or so. I have not modified the pack in anyway. Thanks for your time. Birdiegirl

J

JohnTheDoe

same problem here.
didnt sleept much only a few times and it already happened twice.
no exit alternative other than closing the game to leave half dream state

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
I also just picked up a regular minecraft bed and took it to my base, placed it down and slept. It would not let me out of bed and had to shut down again. so it happens with both types of beds

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
used a sleeping mat and got the same problem. so almost anything I sleep in has a chance of not letting me out of bed

LeeF

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding this I found destroying the blocks below the bed and allowing the bed to float in the air solved it for me

Eziair

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same thing every time I use a bed/sleeping bag.
Even destroying the blocks under the bed didn't work ... I still get stuck!
Putting the bed up 1 or 2 blocks and have it floating in the air ... I still get stuck,
and as the other have said the ONLY way to get out of this is to force shut down the game.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I've seen this in every 1.10.x modpack I've played. The only solution we've come up with in Hermitpack is that it happens after you've warped/tp'ed somewhere. You log off and back on after doing that and then you can sleep without getting stuck. This happens with JourneyMap, the FTB Utils TP command, Mekanism's transporters...it's apparently a warp issue all around.

Eziair

Jul 29, 2019
Yep that's it ...

Stayed at my base and managed to sleep in the bed every night for 5 in game nights, but then I tp'ed to my mine and back and got stuck on the 6th night.

ThatMinecraftingGuy

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing i found to fix this without hitting x on the game is to put the gamerule "keepInventory" on and just type /kill when you get stuck

G

GhostFire_XD

It seems to be solved if you go to bed standing right on it, even if you have just teleported there.

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019
The bug is from Vanilla but made much worse in modded. The best way to mitigate it is to have your bed not adjacent to any blocks on any side. I have found that reduces the incidence rate from every 3rd night to almost never.