HermitPack - Builds for efficient and automated Nether Star farming

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
Greetings,

a few of you might have seen the post on reddit already, but I think this forum here might be a better place to showcase my builds. Since the Tome of Alkahestry was initially broken and I needed quite a few Nether Stars for the solar panel I came up with a build to make farming them fairly easy. I have documented everything in 3 videos.

1.) The original build with an in-depth explanation how it works:

2.) An improved Version to kill 6 Withers at once:

3.) A fully automated Witherfarm - 604 Nether Stars per hour

I hope the builds do help you to build an effective Witherfarm and I would love to see your creations and further improvements. :)

As a side note, those are my very first videos and I made a few mistakes with the sound and cutting it - apologies for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Yes!! I actually commented on the first video back in December and then tried to replicate it on my own, but I haven't been successful yet. That video opened my eyes to things RFTools could do that I had no clue about!

Reactions: Softwerker

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
RFTools is very powerful and this video just scratched the surface. :p The dimension building or RFControls is a whole different level. My fav. RFTool part is the handheld storage module, which can be made soulbound or even remotely connect to your base from everywhere.

I am glad you liked it and thanks again for the helpful feedback. :)

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
No problem. I'm getting to the point in my SF3 where I'm going to need some nether stars, so I plan on giving it another go using your method. My audience is pretty small (I'm trying to get to 100 subs by the end of this month), but I'll make sure everyone knows where I got the inspiration and directions for how to do it. :D